Boat Engine Recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackTalk

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The build is done and now it's time for the engine. The specs on this boat call for a 40, but. After all the resin, 7 coats of Plumb paint and 3 of clear coat, it weighs in at 6 lbs. without the engine and 3' long. I was thinking some kind of a 7.2 engine but will that be to much (power and money)? Most of you are much brighter than I am when it comes to this so I really could use your input and recommendations.
Thanks, B/T
DSCF2397.gif

It's a Rigger

Look's allot like a Dumas Hawk, could be wrong.

You could sign up on "Intlwaters.com", post a pic of that boat in "General Boating Forum" and ask if anyone has a suitable .45 that will fit in there,,your mount mostly.
They take a while to setup propperly, right prop, pipe length, plug and at least 40% nitro,, you could run less nitro,, just depends on what the engine you get is setup for.

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't go better over at Intlwaters, the boat hobby is experiencing reduced production of many of the engines we use. A starter engine for that would have been the K&B 7.5 to O.S.VX-M to OPS 45. The latter two are still
available but MECOA makes the K&B and I guess they don't care if they ever make another motor. The CMB line is still available but are expensive($400 and up) Picco's ,are what I still run even thou they haven't been made in 5 friggin' years,, shows how good they are.
New AA (All American) motors, previously "Mac" will be available this summer. There will be plenty models available in that engine size then.
I would suggest keep "bumping up" your post and someone may come up with something.
JW

Last edited:
We don't have a hobby shop here in the Denver Metro area that I can even by parts for a boat. Lots of kits but no engines etc. I have a lot invested in this thing but I have had enough. I am finding out now that there are little or no places I can run it if it were ready. I am going to just stay with my nitro cars, bite the bullet and see if I can maybe get a couple a hundred for it and go on with life.
Thanks a lot for all the help you have given me.
B/T

Back