Blowing glow plug gaskets?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNorris

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I decided to get back into the hobby and bought a Revo 3.3 yesterday. Started the break in today and noticed it was leaking around the glow plug, so I swapped out with the extra one and once it started up same thing, leaking out of the gasket again. Could there be something wrong with the machining on the cooling head or just that much compression on the new motor? Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this issue, Thanks!

So I decided to get back into the hobby and bought a Revo 3.3 yesterday. Started the break in today and noticed it was leaking around the glow plug, so I swapped out with the extra one and once it started up same thing, leaking out of the gasket again. Could there be something wrong with the machining on the cooling head or just that much compression on the new motor? Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this issue, Thanks!
is it a brand new motor? I'd contact traxxas if so, you might be right about bad machining on threads

Stupid question, but how tight do you tighten down the glow plug?

I've seen mine leaking there once before and I just turned it a bit more.

Stupid question, but how tight do you tighten down the glow plug?

I've seen mine leaking there once before and I just turned it a bit more.
using an actual glow plug wrench/4 way/driver, hand tight, want a video of how tight?