Blockbuster may close up to 9000 stores.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, the only decent movie house in my town is blockbuster. Netflix here I come.

Netflix might be one of the reasons they're hurting so bad

Ouch is right.

The whole change in policy on video returns never helped them. Too late to save the company anyhow. One of the reasons I rarely invest in chain or fast food co stocks, i.e., Krispy Kreme.

I stick with bonds and long term gainers like HD or GE. That and max on a 401.

Hell, invest in oil. That poop's going sky high.

Last edited:
yea now mc donalds and kroger got rentals.. 1 dollar a day!! thats who i use now.. and if your on a trip you can rent at one mc donalds for lunch and stop at another mcdonalds for supper and return it.. works out great!! but it used credit cards or debit only..

Mickey D's SUCKS...I wouldn't give those maggot farms piss to put out a grease fire......
Revo's got the idea for investments.....I'm doing property and Max my IRA too.....
as far as movie rentals go I don't rent anymore I just buy em....I found I was spending more than the cost of buying them because of late fees.....so I just got in the habit of buy it....if I don't like it they make great gifts...LOL....

Hey, I do the same thing. I buy them at CostCo or Best Buy on sale for 10-14 bucks. It's almost the same as renting them from BB. Yeah, Netflix may be cheaper, but this way I can watch them when I want. The duds I give out to friends so they can see it with wasting their own money.

Although this hurts BB, the customer will ultimately benefit. A few years ago, you couldn't even think of renting movies from your home, and sending it back when you feel like it.

Revo, what you pay for that one movie, you can rent as many as you want (or can) for about the same cost.

RBMAXX, the only time I have enough tome to actually sit and watch a movie on a DVD is when I use my motorhome, which is about 1-2 times per month. even then, it is hard to find 2 hours of downtime. I agree, Net flix is the way to go, but for me, buying works out ok.

I am sure there are thousands of mom and pop video stores that will rejoice when this giant falls...... BlockBuster single handley put every private owned video store out of buisness back in the day.

sLY

Revo Rancher said:
RBMAXX, the only time I have enough tome to actually sit and watch a movie on a DVD is when I use my motorhome, which is about 1-2 times per month. even then, it is hard to find 2 hours of downtime. I agree, Net flix is the way to go, but for me, buying works out ok.

Well, if that works for you, cool. I watch movies all the time (my fiance pulls me off of my RCs) so we'll get our money's worth.

I quit renting at rental places years ago and signed up fo netflix when I realized I could have probably bought myself a home theater with the money I ended up paying for late fees.

With netflix we can keep them as long as we like and cancel during the summer when we find we go out more. They save all of your movie queue information for 6 months and whenever you decide to start up again just login and in 2 days the movies are here.

Back