Blacked the rims out on the Maxx today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushwaker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
1013295.jpg

Just decided to change the look up a bit. Since I got these coming in from Cali next week.

tmmonsterhard03

And I got the pipe coming in Monday.
61505.jpg

The Maxx is getting Maxxed out ha ha I love this Hobby!!

Black is a good look with that body. Can you give more info on the new wheels like who makes them? I like them a lot,they look like MAxx wheels with more offset.

1013295.jpg

Just decided to change the look up a bit. Since I got these coming in from Cali next week.

tmmonsterhard03

And I got the pipe coming in Monday.
61505.jpg

The Maxx is getting Maxxed out ha ha I love this Hobby!!

Dude, I like the pipe, I wish my ths was a bolt-on, my manifold is about 1 mm from the top of a shock. Check out my profile I have quite a few goodies on mine too.

Racer 1966 ya bro I looked on the net and went to LHS's looking for monster truck style rims and tires with out goin to the 40s .So I found these rims and was like ya thats the look I want they do have a 1in offset comparied to the stock maxx rims and that Lip on those things looks nice. I just have to wait till I see em on the truck to see if I'm going to black them out also. But here it the web page for the rims and tires.

http://www.rcraveninc.com/product/T...vage_Revo_25_Large_Tire_Rim_Package_Deal.html

2revo1maxx Nice rides I see you have that WD40 with the new straw! I like that stuff but would always lose the straw. Hay I see you have some motors in the background If your looking to sell one let me know I could use a spare.I have a extra crank case, carb, shaft, and heat sink from a 2.5. That you might be able to do something with.

I just got a set of those too. Also from RCRaven. I've yet to run them but they really look nice... Tried them out with both bodies.
Regards,
Rob.
004.jpg

003.jpg

Did you just use black enamel spraypaint? I wanna black out my rims cuz they are all scratched up. I think I might get a set of those wheels and tires too

Wow Rob those look nice I really can't wait to get mine now!! Austin on those I just used a black rustoleum that I had laying around but I went out today and got a Matt finish black that I will use on the new ones!

Bushwaker,
Yes I think you will be quite happy with them too. Nice priced and a fairly quick delivery time to.
I'm planning a flat black blast on my old wheels because they are mostly white as all the finish has com off long before I got them.
Regards,
Rob.

I'm gonna black out my rims when i get the spray paint to do it. ill post pics of it when i get it done

Morpheus Thanks for the O but I like blacked out rims I have blacked out rim on my Charger it just somthing about them that I like.

Austin I wanna to see those pics bro! Take your time and do them up right. When I get mine in ill post a few pics too!! esp the before and afters!

Hmm I shall post before and after pics as well lol. I'll take my time with it. Should I sand down my rims before I paint them? Or do I just have to clean them really good?

Hmm I shall post before and after pics as well lol. I'll take my time with it. Should I sand down my rims before I paint them? Or do I just have to clean them really good?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should sand them down first. The paint will stick better to a rough surface better than a smooth one.

I would sand them just a lil bit. Using a fine grit paper.

Ok we should all just hav a club of maxxes that hav blacked out rims lol

Do they come pre glued?

HA HA lMAO and why is that? You must like them also?? HUH HUH. But no they are not pre glued.

blacked out rims

Ya I like blacked out rims myself my hole body is blacked out with racing stickers and I'm gettin a set of those rims now there badass