Black Friday / Holiday deals thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The holidays are soon among us and black friday will be here next week. If you've got a link to black friday deals or other deals between now and the end of the year post them here!

Amazon's Countdown Sale on items up to the black friday date.

Amazon Buy 1 and get the 2nd for half off on select games.

Best Buy black friday ad.

Daves Discount Motors - Black Friday Ad, 5 pages of goodies and free kit kats! Use coupon code LSF for an additional 5% off!

Maximum PC year subscription for only $5.00 (or 95% off!).

Newegg is offering sales the entire month.

RC Parts Factory - offering sale prices on Traxxas, HPI, Align, etc on Black Friday.

Wal-Mart - Black Friday sales ad.

Most places want a crazy amount to ship to me so I miss out on all the cool stuff.

I'm boycotting Black Friday this year. Too many retailers are starting on Thursday night and encroaching on a national holiday.

I'm boycotting retailers that use "Black Friday" strictly as advertising jargon. No real deals to be had, just using the term as a gimmick.

It's a rush. I get it. All the christmas music, the lighting and decorations at the malls... It get people in the holiday spirit. You just have to go in knowing your gonna run into a couple jerks and not let them bother you.

Must be nice to make your guys kind of money, where you can thumb your nose at posting online deals you find. I for one don't make tons of money and enjoy saving money when I can.

I could careless what the store calls their sale(s), it could be called "pink pony hoof day with pancake on it's head", the name means nothing. As for black friday, it's been years since I've partaken in shopping that day. But I do shop online a lot so if I find any deals online between now and Christmas I'll post them - for those of us that find money this time of year to be a little more tight. :)

Amazon's Countdown Sale on items up to the black friday date.

I am with you Mike....money saved is money saved. We don't have Black Friday here and am not even sure how Christmas'y they get here. I guess I'll find out. All I can do is online and WAIT and wait and wait. Unless it goes Priority I am waiting 6 weeks for it. No UPS or Fedex.

It's not that I'm thumbing my nose at the deals, Woodie. They do tend to be good deals. I'm just against not being able to spend time with my family as is traditional with this kind of holiday. I have worked a few different holidays but really didn't like it.

Please re-read thread title... "Black Friday / Holiday deals thread!" - simply put, see a good deal online post it here, doesn't matter the day of the sale or the name of it. ;)

I'll shop all the online specials but you will never catch me in a store on that day again!

You won't EVER catch me in a store on that day. Why would ANYONE want to deal with such crowds?

Last time I tried to shop at a black Friday sale in Walmart it was so bad I though I would arrested! I had a hard time walking down the aisle without getting run over by idiots fighting over crap that was on sale for $5 and the regular price was $8...People actually got violent to trying to save 3 bucks!

It would have to be one heck of a deal to get me to fight the crowds and rampant ignorance on Black Friday itself. But, I'm all about some online shopping savings for sure.

Sorry just get a bit cranky remembering those years I worked in retail during the mad rush of the Christmas shopping season.

You might also want to check out TigerDirect.com for some good deals.

That best buy ad was insaine!! I paid almost 4K for my first LCD at 45" and you can get a 42" for 199! I know that isn't the top of the line 4 color 240Hz Sharp... but damn good price for a damn good TV! If I felt like getting in line for the Midnight opening right after I finish my pumpkin pie... I would do it for that price. I always enjoyed the black friday thing. Like Josh said, it got me in the christmas spirit. I just went into it knowing that I might not get everything on my list, and parking will be a bear and just try and have some fun. Of course now that the interweb matches most of the black friday deals plus free shipping.... I prefer to shop at my front door!

Some awesome deals to be had.

Newegg last year on cyber Wednesday had some awesome deals.

My wife and her sisters go out on black friday. She does it just to watch the crazy people. Last time I went I flipped out on a lady the hit me with her cart 3 times. I called her every profanity that I could think of. I told myself that I will do all my shopping online from now on.

Back