Birthday gift from the wife

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
My wife got me a tamiya blackfoot for my birthday. While I was super excited for this truck I did run into the dreaded short axle on the right side but used two extra washers from the kit and a plastic spacer I had laying around to shim the drive cup as a temporary solution. Other than that I built it box stock took it for a drive and decided I wanted to use hex drives on it and found some in a parts box that I threw on it along with a brass spacer on each wheel and used some rpmwide wheelbase revolvers on the rear. I used traxxas canyon trail tires stretched onto them I found an adapter kit for the front on evil bay and will be ordering those to run the matching front wheels. Overall nice truck and runs good on a traxxas velenion 3s system. Even with the stock gearbox. Of course that will all be upgraded as more time and money allow. For now check out the pics
26151.jpeg
20230120_120143.jpg
20230120_131657.jpg
20230120_140033.jpg
20230121_123902-jpg.158862
20230122_004716.jpg

20230121_123902.jpg

My wife got me a tamiya blackfoot for my birthday. While I was super excited for this truck I did run into the dreaded short axle on the right side but used two extra washers from the kit and a plastic spacer I had laying around to shim the drive cup as a temporary solution. Other than that I built it box stock took it for a drive and decided I wanted to use hex drives on it and found some in a parts box that I threw on it along with a brass spacer on each wheel and used some rpmwide wheelbase revolvers on the rear. I used traxxas canyon trail tires stretched onto them I found an adapter kit for the front on evil bay and will be ordering those to run the matching front wheels. Overall nice truck and runs good on a traxxas velenion 3s system. Even with the stock gearbox. Of course that will all be upgraded as more time and money allow. For now check out the pics View attachment 158858View attachment 158859View attachment 158860View attachment 158861
20230121_123902-jpg.158862
View attachment 158863

View attachment 158862
Hell yeah man looks good bud. That was the first truck I owned back in the late 80's. It's a fun little truck. If your going to run it brushless. You will need to upgrade the trans. Or you will rip the gears apart in the stock trans. Love the blackfoot...

Looks great. Happy Birthday. Your wife is a keeper for sure. 😀
That she is. We've been together 5 years and she's the one that brought me back to the hobby. She wanted to see what the fuss was all about so she got me an ecx torment and it's been all downhill from there. Infact she has a few herself.