Binding Futaba PM4 Transmitter to Traxxas Bandit.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Futaba 4PM Transmitter I would like to bind to a Traxxas Bandit car. If I install a Futaba receiver in the Bandit will this allow me to bind the Futaba 4PM to the Bandit. If not, what do I need to do so I can use my Futaba 4PM to drive the Bandit?
The Bandit is completely stock.

Last edited:
Yeah. You'll need a futaba receiver too hook up the futaba radio.
Thanks David. I'm trying to get all my cars on the 4PM Futaba so I can use only one transmitter. Have a great day.

You bind radio to receive. You then calibrate esc to radio. you then adjust your endpoints in steering to get exact same turning radius out of car

Last edited:
You bind radio to receive. You then calibrate esc to radio. you then adjust your endpoints in steering to get exact same turning radius outs car
Thanks TNT

You bind radio to receive. You then calibrate esc to radio. you then adjust your endpoints in steering to get exact same turning radius out of car
How do you calibrate esc with the futaba 4pm? I’m trying to use my 4pm on my slash 4x4 but if I just tap the throttle it’s super fast. I’ve tried adjusting end points but I haven’t been able to calibrate it.

How do you calibrate esc with the futaba 4pm? I’m trying to use my 4pm on my slash 4x4 but if I just tap the throttle it’s super fast. I’ve tried adjusting end points but I haven’t been able to calibrate it.
XL5 brushed or VXL brushless?
Or is there a different esc in there. If so what one? every esc is different with calibration.
All traxxas escs looks like they are the same procedure.
It should be the same with the futaba radio. Full throttle, then full reverse.

XL5 brushed or VXL brushless?
Or is there a different esc in there. If so what one? every esc is different with calibration.
All traxxas escs looks like they are the same procedure.
It should be the same with the futaba radio. Full throttle, then full reverse.
It’s a vxl-3 I believe. I’ll check out that video. Thanks

Back