Biggest nitro engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinthercman12

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
i was wondering what is the biggest nitro engine out there that i can buy for my nitro

really depends on type (i.e car, truck, airplane, heli, boat), scale, block size (Small Block/Big Block), and available room in the vehicle itself to determine what engine will fit.

well i have a traxxas tmaxx 3.3 and i want to put a big block in it

iirc the engine is going to be too long and impact the rear shock tower so you would need a extended chassis big block conversion, thing people were swapping to the MGT spur back in the day, might have been putting a 32P CB on the big block and hoping it held up.
and they do make the 8.0 for the MGT, but i would not recommend anything past the .21 area, unless you are upgrading the drivetrain.

The easiest is to get an OS21TM. More power than the 3.3 and fits without any mods. Also expensive though.

Back in the day there were conversion kits for the t-maxx, but they are all long gone now. I had the XTM conversion kit. A buddy of mine had the dynamite. Both were for the 2.5 t-maxx. The kit included a longer chassis, chassis rails, center/outer cvd's, big block header and pipe.

I think the 3.3 t-maxx did extend the gap between the spur and rear tower, but I'm not sure it was enough to shoehorn a true big block in there.

there are still big block kits you can find all over the place online

for the T-maxx? not really, occasionally you can find them on ebay, but quite often are they missing parts to be complete.

Back