Bigger is BETTER (The Sequel)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a hydrolic assist available for them now. I can assure you, I would not be looking for comfort during the drive, but the ass end could be made VERY comfortable! I also like the fact that they run REAL PTO. Having run a few old Mack's and spending litterally, 10 hour days for a couple weeks a year in early John Deere 644 front end loaders, I don't think the duece would make me sad. Lol!

You also shouldn't be in a hurry to get anywhere. They top out at about 55 mph or so. I drove one for a year-and-a-half before desert storm as well as assorted CUCVs and HUMMWVs. The only vehicle in our motorpool that I wasn't licensed to drive were the recovery vehicles...

I was licensed to drive all the vehicles from the 1/4 ton Jeep (M151A1), through the 3/4 ton, the sedan, the ton & a quarter and the Deuce & a half. I loved that thing. It was big, mean and there was nowhere it couldn't go, even while pulling the 3/4 ton trailer through the fields.

M35A2_with_winch.jpg

I still plan to scratch build a fully detailed Deuce & a half RC truck in 1/6 scale. It will have all the same numbers and markings as the one I drove.

Kind of like I did with my Vaterra Ascender, "Big Blaze"?

Tastes better too!!!!:happy:

I would LOVE to see how that deuce and a half comes together!!!
There's a guy who runs a bob-job deuce... Or is that a 1 1/4 now? Lol! Yeah... This thing is CLEAN!!! Upgraded the tires so I'm guessing it's capable of running higher than 50mph @ WOT! :hehe:
AND I'll bet it can still do that while it's pulling a house!

Last edited:
Tastes better too!!!!:happy:

I would LOVE to see how that deuce and a half comes together!!!
There's a guy who runs a bob-job deuce... Or is that a 1 1/4 now? Lol! Yeah... This thing is CLEAN!!! Upgraded the tires so I'm guessing it's capable of running higher than 50mph @ WOT! :hehe:
AND I'll bet it can still do that while it's pulling a house!
Anything over about 55 mph, and you have a really good chance of a runaway...

I know the technology was as simple as simple gets in those rigs... Makes perfect sense for a military vehicle. Field repairs and swapable parts make them VERY flexible. I am not 100% sure but from what I have read, a lot of the old tech was replaced in the bob-job upgraded trucks... To make them a usable truck but keeping with the same appearances... Either way, I don't think I'd want to try and hit much over 75 in something like that... Just able to cruise without rattling all the nuts and bolts loose... Or your fillings for that matter. They weren't ever gonna be a race truck... Just STUPID grunt at decent speed for what it is... They would WORK at say 25 mph or so... Pulling crazy weights etc... Thats as they were described to me. I'm sure you (you did operate one, correct? And Rolex could school me 1000x's over on what is real and what would need to be revamped in the trucks to make them a functioning vehicle. My desires for something like this would be an all included, hop in it and take it out on the trails. Camp wherever, whenever and not have to worry about much of anything in regards to getting stuck in weather or by not having the right gear to get you back home safe. My desires for speed remain in 1/4 (1/8) mile door spammers and of course, RC. I have no delusions of putting a blower and nitrous in a 2 1/2!!! (or for that matter, even a strip car at this point) My body couldn't handle the violence from those G's!!! :rolex:

Get in a deuce & a half, wind the straight 6 as high as it will go, have it in all wheel drive and POP THAT CLUTCH!! Aside from seeing a little puff of dust behind all the tires for an inch or two, you'll notice that the brick building you're towing is still following nicely.

And it will tow that building running on diesel, gas, kerosene or bio-fuel. Avgas is not recommended...

Yup... That's pretty much EXACTLY what is been told and have read. Perfect!:thumbs-up:

The tires arrived about half an hour ago. RC4WD Mil-Spec 2.2. I think they will look just perfect for this build.
View attachment 16272

What's THIS, you ask? Why, it's a riveting gun. Decide what size comb you need and how close you want the rivets, then cut out the ones you don't want. View attachment 16273

In a paper plate pour some Elmer's Glue-all. I prefer the wood tinted carpenter's glue since it's slightly thicker. Dip the comb's teeth in the puddle of glue and start riveting. View attachment 16274

When it dries, it dries clear and can be painted over. There is also some shrinkage. If a few mess up, just wipe them off while they're still wet and do it again. View attachment 16275
View attachment 16276

I'm pretty much done with the hatch so I'll protect it from fingerprints soaking into the primer by giving it one mist coat.
View attachment 16277

Rear hatch got its handle View attachment 16278

Handle down.... View attachment 16279

Handle up..... Of course it works. How else would you open it to get at the switches that will be mounted inside? View attachment 16280
Beautiful job

Back