Bigger is BETTER (The Sequel)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9hred.jpg

Okay, took a little break and now I have the latest update. More of a Re-do than a New-do, but now I really like it. I had to disassemble the suspension to start the brass frame and while it was torn down I did the repaint and some tweaking.

DSCN2540.jpg
DSCN2542.jpg
DSCN2548.jpg
DSCN2543.jpg
DSCN2550.jpg
DSCN2551.jpg
DSCN2560a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm digging those pushrods, if I had a 1/10 revo I'd want those.

I'll have some pics up later but it's been another total tear down of the front and rear suspension. The A-arms are not the standard length that I used on the first HummVee but are from the new extended PRO Slayer and make the suspension 26mm wider. Well, that doesn't allow the tires to fit under the body so I've been cutting off the extended portion of all 8 A-arms, drilling them deeper and tapping them out for the pivot balls.
Both model Slayers are now discontinued, so if I ever do a 3rd HummVee it will really be a challenge.
Needless to say, the toe links were also too long so I'm also cutting and re-threading them to fit the narrower version.
I've now finished the first rear corner and everything worked out perfectly. Now that I know what's required, the rest might go a little quicker.

So, here's the first rear corner with both A-arms cut down, drilled and tapped for the pivot balls and the toe link cut and re-threaded.
The adjustment hex used to be centered so you can see how much had to be cut off.
DSCN2563a.jpg

Something just didn't look right on the front so I made another change. I haven't cut the front A-arms to size yet, but this change has no effect on the length. This is what I got...BIG springs, epoxied a small washer to a big one, ground the spring ends flat and mounted it on the suspension rocker push rod.
DSCN2576.jpg

It went from what you see on the left, to what you see on the right. MUCH more to scale with what's on the real thing.
DSCN2565.jpg

I had to grind away a bit of the A-arm to clear the wider top of the rocker arm, but I like the look. It's strictly for the look as the springs are on the rocker arms going to the Revo shocks on top.

Still have to cut down these A-arms so I'll clean this up and repaint it when they're off. I just had to do this modification since the front springs are so obvious on the real one.
DSCN2568a.jpg

This is the look I needed to get. I'll also be doing this mod on the other HummVee.
front-view.jpg

Incredible work, they look great, great detail on them and nice job on the 50cal mount.

Thanks, @Nitro4910
The first big Humm Vee was a challenge. This one's a labor of love. So far I'm really happy with it. I've had to put it on hold for a while, but I hope to get back to it in another week or two. It just sits there calling to me. :oops:

I haven't ever seen any working model RC with as much detail as this. Great job.

"Working"? We all know this will never do any "working" as long as it belongs to Rolex!

She is a beauty though!

Where is this at now? AMAZING! I'm sitting here saying wait wait there has to be more.

Back