BEST T-MAXX on the Planet?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adron boyd

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do u all think??
20161121_223432.jpg
20161121_223547.jpg
20161117_234602.jpg
20161117_234722.jpg

Looks pretty. You planning on driving it? If so, might want to replace that filter with a proper foam filter.

Could pick up a black exhaust coupler to remove the clashing purple one:
https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/rce10173bk.htm

I couldn't find a red one.
Thanks spent a lot of time on this one.. if I do run it I have the Original foam filter that came with the engine. I'm about to start my new speed t maxx project.. my plans are to get sponcerd by some big company.. but I have no idea where to start

It looks VERY nice! Def Some hours spent! If you do run it, I would caution you about the breakage that is common with aluminum, particularly with a-arms, possibly to swap them out with some RPM units. Don't misunderstand tho, I'm not trying to come down on you! That is one SHARP looking rig! Excellent work!

It looks VERY nice! Def Some hours spent! If you do run it, I would caution you about the breakage that is common with aluminum, particularly with a-arms, possibly to swap them out with some RPM units. Don't misunderstand tho, I'm not trying to come down on you! That is one SHARP looking rig! Excellent work!
Thanks.. I'm so proud of this project .. I started it up today and ran it for 5 min. And it started right up.. this one is my Pretty boy. I am A bout to start My basher tmaxx project
. This one won't run much at all just for looks.. and big thanks for the heads up.. I will go with all rpm parts on my basher. With an lrp32 and a deck Exhaust pipe

You may want to turn the deflector down on the exhaust so any excess fuel can exit the system.

Because aluminum doesn't flex and it is a white metal, it is brittle and tends to snap. It takes the impact and usually just transfers that energy to the next part, to the next, so on and so on until it finds a weaker part and breaks that. In the case of the arms for example, it would transfer to the bulkhead. Because they have more parts attached to them, they are usually more labor intensive to replace and can tend to be more expensive as well. This is a general statement, not saying that this is even how your particular rig is built... Just explaining the theory behind my statement. Rpm is nice because their parts are more flexible than the stock an are better built (imo). They also carry a lifetime guarantee. So that's my thoughts on the aluminum. Certainly there are applications where they can be used and serve their purposes well. As far as appearances go, your rig speaks for itself! You SHOULD be proud! It looks GREAT!!! I am Def looking forward to seeing your basher go! Post vids if you can! Def do a write up with pics of the build itself! It will be helpful to lots of ppl, lots of ppl have the tmaxx! I'd love to see the maxx running a .32 tlr!

As far as appearances go, your rig speaks for itself! You SHOULD be proud! It looks GREAT!!! I am Def looking forward to seeing your basher go! Post vids if you can! Def do a write up with pics of the build itself! It will be helpful to lots of ppl, lots of ppl have the tmaxx! I'd love to see the maxx running a .32 tlr!
I concur.:)
I used to have a show Maxx like yours but I believe yours has mine beat.
My advice is if you're going to build a reliable Maxx basher, create a build thread and consult the members here before any major parts purchases. We'll all build it together...sorta.

You may want to turn the deflector down on the exhaust so any excess fuel can exit the system.
I'll be sure to run the deflecter down.. when o do run it thanks for the heads up
. I'm always looking for input and improvement... big thanks

Because aluminum doesn't flex and it is a white metal, it is brittle and tends to snap. It takes the impact and usually just transfers that energy to the next part, to the next, so on and so on until it finds a weaker part and breaks that. In the case of the arms for example, it would transfer to the bulkhead. Because they have more parts attached to them, they are usually more labor intensive to replace and can tend to be more expensive as well. This is a general statement, not saying that this is even how your particular rig is built... Just explaining the theory behind my statement. Rpm is nice because their parts are more flexible than the stock an are better built (imo). They also carry a lifetime guarantee. So that's my thoughts on the aluminum. Certainly there are applications where they can be used and serve their purposes well. As far as appearances go, your rig speaks for itself! You SHOULD be proud! It looks GREAT!!! I am Def looking forward to seeing your basher go! Post vids if you can! Def do a write up with pics of the build itself! It will be helpful to lots of ppl, lots of ppl have the tmaxx! I'd love to see the maxx running a .32 tlr!
Big thanks for the input .. I'm always all the way in on bettering my Skills with My T Max. I Will post some videos of My bashing project for sure just to fill in to everyone if they need the input. I know how it is with trial-and-error and I know I speak for All of us, but that's the love and passion for nitro My friends. Nitro head All the way to the end

I concur.:)
I used to have a show Maxx like yours but I believe yours has mine beat.
My advice is if you're going to build a reliable Maxx basher, create a build thread and consult the members here before any major parts purchases. We'll all build it together...sorta.
I will Definitely let everybody know when I start My build. I can use All the help I can get. Right now I have My eye on A supermax chassis unused.. but I think the price is to high at 499$.. it comes with scrap plates, grunt and back cvds, servo mount and bottom braces. I'm gonna go with the longer chassis to keep the Max from popping willies i also have in mind some SCS Tires with a 17mm hex because they seem to hug the road A lot better, I'm keeping it all plastic as much as o can, and definitely Will use rpm .. I'm trying to reduce as much weight as I possibly can, I am strictly for speed on this one.

Last edited: