Best short course truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the best electric short course truck?
I would like it to be brushless and 4x4.
Below the price of 400 dollars please.
A lot of people told me to get the slash 4x4.
I heard the Sc10 4x4 is only good for racing.
Which one is the best?

I dont know anything about the sc10 4x4 but that was the case with the 2wd, didnt seem to have the bashing ability the slash did.

Id personally say if you plan on doing alot of bashing, even if you race too, go with the slash 4x4. They are setup pretty dang good suspension wise compared to the 2wd, which was the main dissapointment with them to me.
The 4x4's handle great out of the box, can easily be upgraded/modded and run great too.

Yeah I am going to go pick up a slash from my hobbyshop. Its good that they carry them so that I don't have to order it and wait a week for it. Thanks anyway. I was also wondering if it is dangerous running it in snow. I know that it is waterproof but the guy who works the the hs said that he does not recommend it.

If you go in anything deep and get stuck and just keep it pinned then it will burn something up, motor or esc. Other than that, running on ice or firm snow wont be any problem.

I ran mine (slash 4x4) and my 2wd, so did my dad with his, and all my buggy's and my merv all in the winter, hella fun on hard packed stuff. I usually take the lid off after words and leave the rig upside down, that way any moisture will just drip off onto the floor instead of puddle and sit some where on the rig.

Once deep snow mealt once and then freezes and gets that thick crust on top, thats fun too cuz then your rig can stay on top without falling though very easy. I like going to fields that have that after a small drift storm, hard packed little high speed jumps lol.

Yeah! It is great because there is a huge grassy field in my area and it is where everybody who has rc cars go to and we bash and race and it is a ton of fun. I can't wait for the winter and when it snows I am going to do full speed runs on the snow!!! It is also fun when you make ramps out of the snow!

Yep, do it every winter! Free, instant packing, super easy to carve, plus super soft landing if jump into deep stuff. . . .I still hate winter though lol.

LOL Yeah but just one question. Wouldent the screws and metal parts rust. How would you prevent it?

I ran the Losi XXX-SCT and that thing seemed un-breakable for a 2wd beast, awesome truck and ran so smooth! I have a slash 4x4 coming tomorrow in the mail hopefully wil impress me more than the Losi did, I hear alot of great things about Losis' SCB if your into buggies.

Any alum. wont rust, it might discolor but you can clean it off. Just dry it off with an air compressor after getting it soaked or a can of air.

Alright cool Thanks!! Also going to get the 1/16 slash for Christmas and the losi micro sct for my bday!!

Back