Best savage xl motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swihart

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm thinking about getting a new motor in my xl and I'm trying to get every ones oppinion. Right now i have the 5.9 and I'm looking for ideas on whats good, whats good at a reaonable price and whats probally the best motor possible with the most power?? Any oppinions welcome and would b greatly appreciated thx guys

Picco P3 .28 and have it modded by ERCM... Thats whats powering Dream Machines beast of a Savage. If thats a little too much then ERCM has so modded SH .28s. That would be my second option.:)

Or if your on a budget, the LRP .32 will run circles around that 5.9.

R all those just drop right in or any modification needed? And will they work with the stock exhaust?

Drop in and stock pipe will work but an ERCM pipe will work even better.

LRP.32
100_2796.jpg

dont mean to interrupt the thread, but does the LRP .32 have good top end? or is it just a grunt monster?

dont mean to interrupt the thread, but does the LRP .32 have good top end? or is it just a grunt monster?

Fast enough to were I have a hard time controlling it when it hits third gear and I end up doing cartwheels down the road:hehe:I allso fliped her a few time's hitting thrid gear , roll cage don't last long when sliding 30 feet or so on the lid , my gear set up is 15/52.
Longest I kept her in third gear was about 5 or 6 sec :hehe:
But am allso set up for bashing and not speed .
I would have to say this engine more of a basher then a racer.
If your a basher that just does a speed run every now and then I would say pick one up , but if your more into speed run's and not much bashing I would look into a ERCM modded 28 and pipe combo deal
hope this helps a bit

My Extreme mod and pipe combo was designed for bashers, all out brutal power delivery. I never intended for it to push a savage over 70mph, but I guess we never tried before :hehe:

Thats sick nasty 70mph!!! So kinda off topic my 5.9 I've been dickin with the last couple of days trying to get it to just idle but when i start it from cold scratch itll start and run for about 30 secs then cut out and from there on out after starting itll die within 5 secs I've tried going back to stock settings and starting over with leaning the low speed gradually but nothing seems to help its pouring gass out of the exhaust like its super rich but i dont want to turn in to far to damage the motor.. Any one have any ideas what it could b? Could it maby b bad gas by ne chance?

My Extreme mod and pipe combo was designed for bashers, all out brutal power delivery. I never intended for it to push a savage over 70mph, but I guess we never tried before :hehe:

I was impressed by the speeds that LLkoolskillet got from his moded ERCM PICCO.28 , sooner or latter I'll be picking one up:D

Back