Best repair glue for bulkheads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was afraid they changed the formula just like they did here in the states. :(
Tbh bud I think it’s the type of plastic the bulkhead is made from, I tested it out on a model Ducati my kid broke and it did a great job welding the plastic together on that, was fairly impressed considering where it broke... left side of the gold sprocket and the chain top and bottom, and it’s the only support for the back wheel to keep the whole model up. Very strong considering how thin the original piece was

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I wish everything bonded as easily as styrene plastic, it's super easy to work with.
Yeah that was great to bond, it’s certainly different plastic in this bulkhead it reminds me of the black plastic they use in engine bays and behind bumpers as supports that looks like it has fibres running through it. I’ll jus have to get a new one while I still can and maybe Shadow will have to be shelved for preservation reasons lol 😂
After a quick google search it seems it could be nylon plastic that’s used for these bulkheads, and in my experience as a mechanic we have used JB Plastic weld with good results for repairs to things like radiators etc. Seems to hold under the heat and pressure in that environment so while I’m waiting for a new part I may just experiment with some of that or an epoxy type bonding substance

Last edited:
Back