Best Mounting esc/receiver duoble sided tape or velcro lock? Whats you choice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
different way to mount a receiver box other then screws / tiny bolt & nut . On a 1/10 off road conversion. Either double sided gorilla glue tape, velcro locking strips, or the 3m heavy duty mounting tape? What do you guy use / perfur??

Homemade double sided tape out of duct tape for a few weeks or months. Double sided tape for long term use. Velcro for on and off usage.

The sticking, I found a few minutes with a clamp to hold ot down works well after an alcohol swab.

I think you left out zip ties. 😁

3M foam tape is good, helps absorb some of the shock. We put it on the back of placards and ADA signage that we make at work. Sticks good. :)

Your rite definitely left out zip-ties 😆🤣

3M foam tape is good, helps absorb some of the shock. We put it on the back of placards and ADA signage that we make at work. Sticks good. :)
You think The foam would probably collect some water ?

I just went and soaked it for a few minutes, doesn't appear to be absorbing any moisture. it's dense foam so not very porous.
You the man! Sounds good. thank you sir.

If you use any of the 3m tapes, let them sit 12 to 24 hours to get a strong bond. they actually get stickier the longer they are in contact.

This is the receiver box I'm going to use on build. Due to the fact that the Tmaxx receiver box is huge for a 2.4ghz micro receiver. But screw holes don't fit with any pre drilled or placement holes in chassis. So you can see what I'm trying to mount receiver to inside of box the to chassis. I hope lol🤞🙏
Screenshot_20210708-154130_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If you use any of the 3m tapes, let them sit 12 to 24 hours to get a strong bond. they actually get stickier the longer they are in contact.
Thanks for the heads up bud

Is that just like the velcro lock?
kinda but a different concept. its interlocking mushrooms not the hook n loop. way stronger and takes more force to engage .I also use silaphrene for my Hardcore bashers and racers along with my drag cars.. a litttle dime size dab and that box rx or esc aint moving but with a mildly hot wire it will come off.. I've even used stainless safety wire in a jam

kinda but a different concept. its interlocking mushrooms not the hook n loop. way stronger and takes more force to engage .I also use silaphrene for my Hardcore bashers and racers along with my drag cars.. a litttle dime size dab and that box rx or esc aint moving but with a mildly hot wire it will come off.. I've even used stainless safety wire in a jam
Ok sounds good yet different
. Thanks I'm going to look into that one.👍👍

That locking system has been used for many years . its the removable system used to hold things on walls then remove cleanly..

That locking system has been used for many years . its the removable system used to hold things on walls then remove cleanly..
Oh I got ya ok 👌

Generally I use either servo tape or industrial strength Velcro.

Back