Best LRP engine for race truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I posted this in the t maxx thread not much response. I am building a custom low lean race setup on a maxx truck. I will be running an LRP engine. I just need some input on which engine would be best for a race set up. I have been checking out LRP engine online. I was told the .28 but which one. The .30 and .32 I would think would put out more power. Just need some opinions. I have never ran a LRP before. I will be sending the engine to ecrm to be modded with a ecrm pipe to match.:D

I know that a lot of the guys that are running the LRP engines on the Revo are running the .28. I'm not sure how much more power that the others make and if the driveline will handle it.

I will be running a robinson gear set in trans and brushless diffs. Supermaxx center cvds. If it does not hold it I will upgrade what breaks. So I am guessing the .28 is a better performance engine then.

Give Robin a call, he will lead you in the right direction for engine choice.

I got the lrp z.28s3 in my revo now and zr.30x as a back up. The .28 I thought was insane in it. Shredded the stock talons. I got e revo diff's and all steel drive train...

+1 on that ^^^^^

---------- Post added at 6:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:40 PM ----------

+1 on what snook said

I have a couple SH P8 .28's left, same engine as the LRP Spec3 .28 with a different cooling head. Modded for $225 + shipping. I would think that's more then enough to push that truck around a track lol.

As soon as I move one of my rigs I will have the extra cash. Guess it will be the .28 engines then

Back