best grease for 2wd tranny

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will this work?

FD028395-277F-44A6-8169-5B87E16A89BE.jpeg

Valvoline SYNpower Full Synthetic Grease is the Standard-A for my RC trannys. May not be the best, but its good enough for me.

Caveat-do have a 3g can of 1up Racing #120101 'Gold' Premium AW Grease for the lightweight gear set coming for the SMT10. 1up supposedly is super-cling and will not fling off. Dunno. Will see. 'AC'

Last edited:
its a 100% plant based
Oh, the only white lithium I have ever seen is petroleum based.
its a 100% plant based
Well, after looking it seems there are a lot of conflicting opinions about lithium grease and plastics not playing well together. Test it and see.

Last edited:

Well, after looking it seems there are a lot of conflicting opinions about lithium grease and plastics not playing well together. Test it and see.
alright i will because thats all i have

hold up i dont know what gears youe talking about? I'm talking about the metal gears inside the tranny i dont have any platic gears

hold up i dont know what gears youe talking about? I'm talking about the metal gears inside the tranny i dont have any platic gears
I didn't say plastic gears. I was just referring to plastic in general. Your diff is plastic with a metal gear, the trans housing is plastic as well. The bearing seals are likely rubber. Try it and see. You tear your Slash down often enough you should be able to check it often. If it is indeed plant based, it may be fine. I can't say for sure.

You have plenty of broken plastic. Soak some in it and check them daily.

its a 100% plant based
Except the lithium thickener?

I agree with @WickedFog on the plastic issue. The internal sidewalls around my diff were all warped and shaved when using white lithium grease. I am currently on blaster brand extra tacky red grease and seems to be doing ok. I even filled my axle and pumkin full on my axial.

14 ounce, 397 grams will last you a while.

That brand/type of WLG claims to be safe on MOST plastics. If its all you got give it a test and see what happens. I probably wouldnt use it myself over Mobil 1 tho.