Best charger for 2s-3s lipos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello! I am sure there are some posts about chargers already but I have some specific plug types I’d like to ask about as well as some other questions.
Firstly, the charger needs to support 2&3s, preferably higher. Dual charging would be awesome. I have a few different types of connectors, I will buy adapters if I need to but I’d prefer not to.
I have:
XT60
Deans
PH 2.0
And Spektrum 3s (I think it is IC5)
I have this charger already
DA370C23-1094-4F4B-8953-E53BACE2EAAB.jpeg

But it doesn’t seem to register when I plug in other types of batteries, I plugged a 2s NiMH from an Arrma Senton Mega in and it didn’t show the battery level.
In terms of price I’d like it be under $100 preferably by a decent amount, like I said doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional! Also I would like to know if I simply use adapters and the charger I have currently. Thanks!

The charger I use is the Sky RC T200. Retails for about $110. Its a great charger. It can do all the common batteries (Nimh, Lipo, Life) the charge current goes up to 12 amps. It can charge 1-6s Lipo batteries. (Not sure about Nimh or others) This Skyrc charger comes with xt60s as the battery ports so you should be ready to go with this charger. You might want charge leads for your deans and IC5 ones.
Here are some leads for your deans plugs: Charge Lead XT60 Female to T-Plug Male EPB-9179

I think the Spektrum 3s batteries come with IC3 connecters. I might be wrong for that. If they are IC3 connecters I would use this: Integy RC Model C24406 XT60 Female-to-EC3 Male Connector Adapter Wire Harness - For this link it is a xt60 to EC3 lead. EC and IC should be compatible with each other.

Also all these leads I mentioned do work with the charger i recommended (SkyRC T200)

Last edited:
Everybody is going to suggest their favorite charger so asking for the best may get you far too many answers.
I use this, but it's far from the best. It does what I need it to do and is simple to use.
I also have two Traxxas chargers but don't use them much.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like everyone uses the hi tec x2. My uncle recommended that for me but my LHS didn't have it in stock so thats how I got my sky rc one. I had the Traxxas ez peak single charger and I still do but rarely use it. It only could do up to 4 amps and wasn't that good of a charger overall. I also had a Onyx dual charger. I think it was the Onyx 245. I only charged my old Nimh batteries on that Onyx charger so I really didn't see how it worked and all. Also that Onyx charger I used before 2020 so I only used it when I ran my slash once in a while. (Before I got really into the hobby)
I actually have a friend that has a Traxxas Bandit. I am going to get in touch with him to see if he still uses the included charger. If he his I'll give him my traxxas charger since I got no use for it. Atleast the ez peak charger is a step up from the included car lighter charger.
My uncle uses the icharger 308 Duo and he uses a power supply to power it. Its more of a racers charger (and $300) so I wouldn't recommend it for 1/10 scale bashers.

Last edited:
There are many good chargers on the market, so I would just pick one from the suggestions of other guys in here.

I personally recommend the Hitec X2 AC Plus shown above because you can take stand alone IR reading with it. It can operate on AC or DC but on DC you get some extra power out of it. If you dont care about the stand alone IR reading function of the hitec and you just want more power the look at the HOTA D6 Pro just like the Hitec it can run on AC or DC but is more powerful running on DC.

I don't think 'the best' and 'under $100' go very well together in this hobby 😁

Ill second the recommendation for hitec brand chargers. I've had several over the years and they have all performed very well. I currently use a duel port hitec for the majority of my balance charging. The only issue I see with cheaper chargers is their amperage ability. I had to spend more to get one that would balance charge higher than 5 Amps. For most applications, 5 Amp and under is fine.

My main charger is the Hitec X2 1400W although its discontinued now. I love this charger so much I've contemplated buying another one before you can't find them online anymore. The X2 AC Plus has all the same menus and features as mine its just less wattage.

I personally recommend the Hitec X2 AC Plus shown above because you can take stand alone IR reading with it. It can operate on AC or DC but on DC you get some extra power out of it. If you dont care about the stand alone IR reading function of the hitec and you just want more power the look at the HOTA D6 Pro just like the Hitec it can run on AC or DC but is more powerful running on DC.
The D6 Pro does do stand alone IR readings. After the charge, you can read the IR. That's when you are supposed to check them anyway from what I gather.

Input some numbers and then you can go from there... https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/chargercalc.html
Having a better understanding as to what power is needed to charge your batteries, you then can shop for what features you want to include e.g., how many ports/channels, internal resistance reading, external discharging capabilities, add external power supply, bluetooth, etc., etc., etc.

True, you can't just plug in a battery on a Hota charger, and see IR readings. In order to see the internal resistance readings using Hota's chargers, you must use the Charge Task/Mode. After about 45 seconds into a charge, and scroll to internal resistance readout, you can start to see the readings. No big deal as the IR readings (not highly accurate on any charger) are only to be used as a tool to have more insight of a pack's cells health.

Back