Best Brushless 4x4 For under $350

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NakoahSlasher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
( If you dont want to read the whole thing I'm looking for a Reliable Waterproof 50+ MPH offroader that isnt a SCT That i can bash around in dirt and maybe sand and can drive in grass)So I've been looking for a decent car for a while as being an owner of two SCTs I'm looking for something different that can be fast in grass and on the road and have a top speed of at least 50 MPH and be waterproof because NC weather is never predictable. I want something i can bash and drive in the dry dirt without having a problem. Something with out of the box speed where i dont have to do too much tuning to it i can do a simple gear change. I dont have time for a kit but i have chargers and a 2s and 3s lipos so all i really need is a lipo comaptible car that can handle at least a 2s lipo. Most likely would want a monster truck and or a buggy/truggy I've been into rc for 3-4 years now but have only been an owner of RCs for a year and a half and have only had two trucks and theyre both SCT. So what i want is a reliable water proof rc that i can get spare parts easy and i can bash in the sand/dry dirt in a field. If you reccomend an on road vehicle even though were on the offroad forum ill still take your subbmission and think about it i would want a 1:10 or a 1:12 scale vehicle 1:14 if its a good deal. My enviornment has a decent road out here and a small neighborhood with a big field nearby and i have a decent sized backyard not much to build a track on. Reliable waterproof Bashable Fast Can get Dusty and i can mess around with. I will consider any cars told to me as I'm still a newcomer to RC. Even better if you can keep the price under $300. If you do reccomend a car that will need some new parts to get it to these expectations please provide the links to the products and try to keep any extra parts needed under $60. I live near a 2 lane main road and a road getting widened to 4 and my neighborhood has a road that can fit two ful size trucks side by side with the occasional car parked on the side and we have a small park with mulch if you reccomend a different type of car to me because my community is not suitable for a large off road rc to be free please tell me any suggestions to take. Also if you reccomend cars with deans connectors great because both my lipos are dean connectors. If they arent deans please provide a link to an adapter. Ill take an offroad motorcycle too if those fit in the budget. Thank you if you read all the way to here and I'm glad to take any suggestions since I'm relatively new to RC! :)

Not sure what you can find that will fit that set of requirements for that price. At least not something that is worth having.

I have to say, my brushless stampede 4x4 vxl has been a blast. It doesn't have near the horsepower as my brushless revo, but it does really well in short grass and at the skate park. Granted, to make it truly tough, it does require better axles and alloy shock caps. But if geared properly (not overly high), it's hands down one of the toughest little platforms I've had in the nearly 20 years I've been in the hobby.

I literally hit a manhole pipe coming out of the ground with one front tire at WOT and I broke $4 worth of parts. The c-hub and axle carrier. Otherwise, a decent gouge in the front skid, but that was all the damage.

To keep from overheating it, you do kind of have to run 2S only and keep the gearing pretty conservative. But it's so small and narrow, that too much speed while offroading just makes it tumble all over anyway.

Check out my video thread:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/my-latest-bashing-vids.113919/

There are a few of my stampede vids in there to give you an idea of what it can do. Most of the vids I see on youtube are awful for it. I'm no Michael Bay, but mine are at least watchable. :) I try to take vids mostly for my own historical purposes. How does the motor sound, how fast is it, when did I add those parts to it, should I sell it... I go back and look at my vids to remind me of those things.

You can get used ones for the price your looking. I bought mine used in February for $300 shipped on ebay. I should have looked closer at the photo's as it cost me another $100 to make it "good". I bid higher on this one than on another that didn't come with a battery pack or body. I really should have just bid on the other one, would have came out at least $100 ahead. Live and learn.

( If you dont want to read the whole thing I'm looking for a Reliable Waterproof 50+ MPH offroader that isnt a SCT That i can bash around in dirt and maybe sand and can drive in grass)So I've been looking for a decent car for a while as being an owner of two SCTs I'm looking for something different that can be fast in grass and on the road and have a top speed of at least 50 MPH and be waterproof because NC weather is never predictable. I want something i can bash and drive in the dry dirt without having a problem. Something with out of the box speed where i dont have to do too much tuning to it i can do a simple gear change. I dont have time for a kit but i have chargers and a 2s and 3s lipos so all i really need is a lipo comaptible car that can handle at least a 2s lipo. Most likely would want a monster truck and or a buggy/truggy I've been into rc for 3-4 years now but have only been an owner of RCs for a year and a half and have only had two trucks and theyre both SCT. So what i want is a reliable water proof rc that i can get spare parts easy and i can bash in the sand/dry dirt in a field. If you reccomend an on road vehicle even though were on the offroad forum ill still take your subbmission and think about it i would want a 1:10 or a 1:12 scale vehicle 1:14 if its a good deal. My enviornment has a decent road out here and a small neighborhood with a big field nearby and i have a decent sized backyard not much to build a track on. Reliable waterproof Bashable Fast Can get Dusty and i can mess around with. I will consider any cars told to me as I'm still a newcomer to RC. Even better if you can keep the price under $300. If you do reccomend a car that will need some new parts to get it to these expectations please provide the links to the products and try to keep any extra parts needed under $60. I live near a 2 lane main road and a road getting widened to 4 and my neighborhood has a road that can fit two ful size trucks side by side with the occasional car parked on the side and we have a small park with mulch if you reccomend a different type of car to me because my community is not suitable for a large off road rc to be free please tell me any suggestions to take. Also if you reccomend cars with deans connectors great because both my lipos are dean connectors. If they arent deans please provide a link to an adapter. Ill take an offroad motorcycle too if those fit in the budget. Thank you if you read all the way to here and I'm glad to take any suggestions since I'm relatively new to RC! :)
What trucks do you currently have?

Most will agree with @olds97_lss, the Stampede is a fun basher. The 4x4 will be the best handling but I have had a TON of fun with my daughter's 2wd Stampede. I picked it up new as a near roller, it needed a the electronics and rear arms, so I threw RPM arms on all 4 corners and a used XL5 setup. It's now running the latest VXL 4-Pole system out of my Slash 4x4 and is still a blast to drive but extremely hard to keep the front end down.

Back