Beginner looking to have some fun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerber77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need a recommendation for a solid nitro car or truck that my brother (13) and I (20) could play around with. This will be our first car or truck so we arent looking to race just yet, pretty much just want to get a solid machine for a good price that we can learn about this hobby. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks guys.

I'd say go with a Savage if you are looking to bash. But if you want a pretty solid rig, that still has racing capabilities, go with a Traxxas Revo.

A Savage XSS is the best first nitro in my opinion. Durable, fun to drive and comes with excellent instructions on how to put it together. That way you and your brother get to see how it all goes together and works. Besides it's nice to say "I built it" instead of "I pulled it out of a box".
With a decent .28 engine it will run around 38 mph, pull wheelies very easily and it is one of the most customizeable trucks out there. Aftermarket support for it is huge!
You also would be able to pick good radio gear instead of dealing with the RTR crap they send in the prebuilt trucks.

Thanks for all that info guys. The Savage XSS looks awesome, I'm leaning way more for that. I really like the concept of putting everything together. Thanks again,

tank

Heh Heh, another Savage adiict!

Yall got me hooked on the Savage I've been watching videos all night, so much for studying for my final tomorrow haha

Hey man, make sure you get a 2.4 ghz radio system when you buy a radio for it. I would recommend the Airtronics/Sanwa MX-3 FHSS. You can't beat the features for the price. I run this radio and it is an excellent radio.

Back