Beer Talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for inspiring me, guys. Had a cold Guiness in my hand by 4:30!

i personally drink alot of Keystone light, cheap, damn good, and cheap.

Guinness, Greene King IPA or Marston's Pedigree, have been known to drink Newcastle Brown Ale and a few other ales. I tried Yuengling when I was in Philly and that's good stuff too.

Thats some good stuff. Yuengling is the oldest running brewery in the US. If anyone gets a chance, try their Lager. That and their Black and Tan, very good stuff. Everyone just calls it Lager around here, say you want a Lager, you get a Yuengling.

I dont drink NEARLY as much beer as I used to, generic spiced rum and Coke zero is my choice anymore.

Sorry I dont care for Beer, But give me a Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper

I'm with you on this one, never been much of drinker and definitely not a beer drinker, give me a good mixed drink or a shot of Patron and i'm good, for me to drink beer it's got to be really hot outside and it's got to be a really good cold beer, My current favorite is Vanilla Rum and Coke, it tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke, goes down nice and smooth...

I'm with you on this one, never been much of drinker and definitely not a beer drinker, give me a good mixed drink or a shot of Patron and i'm good, for me to drink beer it's got to be really hot outside and it's got to be a really good cold beer, My current favorite is Vanilla Rum and Coke, it tastes just like the old Vanilla Coke, goes down nice and smooth...

And straight to your head! Ever had Slo Gin? Slam a couple and stand up... Then fall...

Wow, this thread has made me thirsty. I mainly drink the cheap stuff (Miller High Life), but love a good heffiweitzen. The Pyramid brand isn't too bad, Blue Moon is ok, Sam Adams I can take or leave. Fosters isn't too bad warm, but then after a few temp doesn't matter too much anymore. I can't stand Budweiser or Bud light, AKA Butt Light, St. Paulie Girl is another one that doesn't do much for me either. Rolling Rock, Fat Tire, and if I am back in the Stevens Point, Wi area, Point beer will do just fine.

Coors is nothing but water, don't see how it could give anybody a headache. :hehe:
One regular Budwieser has the same effect on me though. BAD headache.
My favorite beer is.... an open one.

HaHa ok Bubba J!

I like many ales. Lots of good local ales including Sierra Nevada. I just picked up a 6 pack of Fat Tire ale and it's pretty good. It's a CA Ale too.

I also am a Bud man. I've enjoyed Coors and Miller as well. Even some Mexican Piss. :p

I'm very much into the ales. I like Ale no.16(a local beer) One of the best ales in the world IMO, and many experts agree. Newcastle Brown Ale is also pretty decent. Also the Belgian Trapist ales are really nice, Westmalle, and Chimay Grand Cru. Leffe is another good one. Another local one is a Weissbier with elder flowers. A pretty damn good beer IMO.

I do not like Carlsberg, Tuborg, Budweiser(except the original Czech Budwieser Budvar). The aforementioned beers, and similar tasting ones lack everything but water IMO. Weak taste and just not enough hobs for my taste.

Thats some good stuff. Yuengling is the oldest running brewery in the US. If anyone gets a chance, try their Lager. That and their Black and Tan, very good stuff. Everyone just calls it Lager around here, say you want a Lager, you get a Yuengling.

I dont drink NEARLY as much beer as I used to, generic spiced rum and Coke zero is my choice anymore.
Would love to find some Yuengling here.
Got turned on to it in PA. Found it in NC. But not here!

Usually drink Coors. (Not light..)
(tastes like water)
(original)

Love Killian, but just every once in a while.

May have to start a wine thread.

Pinot Grigio for me. That's really the only style white whine I like. I don't like ultra dry/woody white wines. I like apple and pear in the nose of a white.

As far as reds go I'm a little bit more flexible. I'll do Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. I rarely drink red though. We never buy it to just drink. I generally on have red when we go out somewhere nice with a good steak or Cheesecake.

Pinot Grigio for me. That's really the only style white whine I like. I don't like ultra dry/woody white wines. I like apple and pear in the nose of a white.

As far as reds go I'm a little bit more flexible. I'll do Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. I rarely drink red though. We never buy it to just drink. I generally on have red when we go out somewhere nice with a good steak or Cheesecake.

I agree on the reds--ONLY with a steak and even then only a Sauvignon.

I have a penchant for Rieslings myself for the same reason as you stated--I dislike dry wines. There is a semi-local vineyard in Deming, NM that makes the best Riesling I have ever had, and I have sampled all the best of Germany. I dislike the dry Riesling however.

White Merlot is good for a casual drinking wine as is the White Zinfandel.

There are a great number of varietals of Pinot Grigio--I have had a few good ones and many dry ones.

Think we lost anybody with our wine-talk? LOL!

Back