Beer Talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering what is one of your favorite brews no Coors, Bud, Miller

Just got home from the bar and a manager gave me a four pack of Arcadia Ales Hopmouth It's a local beer made in michigan and tastes pretty damn good. I also sampled a Dogfish Double IPA which was similar to the hopmouth. After that I sampled Arcadia Winter beer that tastes like dog food smells.

Abita: Purple Haze for a light, and Turbo Dogg as dark.

lol Sorry but I loves me some bud. I guess other than that the pyamid apricot ale is decent.

Bud Ice or classic Budweiser is the norm around here. I also like Molson Ice, Killians and Red Stripe if I'm in the right mood. Call me a pansy but Mich Ultra a good light food beer IMO. Lately I've taken a liking to Heineken Light as well. Damn good light beer if you ask me and I don't find that I care much for light beers aside from the two I mentioned. Budweiser Select and Bud Light are nasty. :shrug:

I live in the land of microbrew (Seattle). Apparently WA produces the majority of the hops for US beer production. Sadly, I'm not much an ale or "hoppy" beer guy which is what most of the micros up here are. I'm more of a Rolling Rock kind of person.

Boulevard Wheat, it's a local brew and probably my favorite if I was drinking beer. But I'd prefer to just drink some Crown on ice. :D

Sorry I dont care for Beer, But give me a Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper

I like Amstel Light, Michelob, and Sam Adams. I can not stand Coors, 1 Coors will give me a ragin headache! I am not in to all the micro brews either.

1 Coors will give me a ragin headache!
+1 on that one for sure! I like Newcastle Brown Ale pretty well. Also the beer my dad used to make was pretty damn good.....I guess it was "micro brewed" 60 gallons at a time. Most of it came out around 7%...it would kick you in the pants pretty quick....:D

Coors is nothing but water, don't see how it could give anybody a headache. :hehe:
One regular Budwieser has the same effect on me though. BAD headache.
My favorite beer is.... an open one.

Guinness, Greene King IPA or Marston's Pedigree, have been known to drink Newcastle Brown Ale and a few other ales. I tried Yuengling when I was in Philly and that's good stuff too.

Right now I'm on a Guiness kick. Love it. But it blows coming from the bottle. 100% better when drawn properly on tap. Here in Syracuse we have a couple awesome micro's. Middle Ages Brewing Co. is probably the better known. They make Swallow Witte which is a great wheat beer. I also like Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat. And their Oktoberfest was awesome. Too bad it's only available for a month each year. I did get lucky and find a 6 of Spaten Oktoberfest here in November.
My friends are all into IPA'a and double IPA's (like Lagunitas) but my palate just isn't ready for that much hops. We have a bar near the SU campus which is only 2 blocks from my office that specializes in exotics and micros. A lot of things like Dog Fish Head, Middle Ages, Magic Hat, stuff like that. So I'm always trying weird stuff.

I like Amstel Light, Michelob, and Sam Adams. I can not stand Coors, 1 Coors will give me a ragin headache! I am not in to all the micro brews either.

I share Joe's tastes save for the Coors. Love Coors--it was the first beer I ever tasted as a wee lad. Bud is the brew that makes my head scream.

Down my way on the Mexican border we also favor Bohemia, Dos Equis, Tecate, and Corona.

My all-time favorite: Spaten from Munich Brewery! Or is it Carlsberg Elephant? Let's face it, I like beer.

Last edited:
i will drink bud lite, or michelobe ultra, while grilling or just bsing with the neighbors. but i enjoy a few cider beers on occasion. the ace pear cider is good, as well as the woodchuck apple ciders.

my girl likes the corona and tecate, i dont care for them.

I share Joe's tastes save for the Coors. Love Coors--it was the first beer I ever tasted as a wee lad. Bud is the brew that makes my head scream.

Down my way on the Mexican border we also favor Bohemia, Dos Equis, Tecate, and Corona.

My all-time favorite: Spaten from Munich Brewery! Or is it Carlsberg Elephant? Let's face it, I like beer.

Heh. My first beer was... Hamms! (starts humming "from the land of sky blue waaaateeeeers...") It probably warped me for life.

I have to second your vote for Spaten. Very good quality but a bit expensive. Though I have to say I once had bottle of a special Spaten oatmeal stout that was mindblowing. Very thick but sort of sweet. I thought it was a brown bottle but realized it was a clear bottle and the stout was just that dark. If I ever find another Spaten oatmeal stout I'm on it like white on rice. Possibly the only dark beer I ever loved.

well if i can't name bud then corona ftw!!!

Oh yes, and if I want a light beer when I'm out on the town I tend to drink Corona, with or without the lime.

corona or sam adams if we are talking beers........now cherry vodka FTW!!!

Back