Been out for a long while

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroM3GTR

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, my Yokomo GT-4 RTR is still sitting after months. It is incredibly scary to drive, because I'm always paranoid my servo arm will come off again and the car will go rocketing off in one direction. I am in desperate need of a new exhaust, but no one makes exhausts for the GT-4. I ordered an OEM one from my LHS, but they said(after a long while) that they couldn't get it for me. I loved my car when it ran but now it's just depressing, because I see it sitting there all the time, never getting used. Also, I have a stripped screw on the motor mounts so I'm outta luck when I gotta take the motor out. I'm running out of hope, but my New Years resolution was to get it running and I plan on doing that. Any suggestions would be appreciated, but keep in mind that budget constraints prevent me from getting a new car.

Dude why would you need a new car you have a frickin yokomo. As for the exhaust why are you trying to get one that is OEM. Why not upgrade a little bit at least. Many parts are interchangable from other motors and such. What size motor is in that thing and is it rear or side exhaust?? Also are you trying to get a new pipe or header or both??

What parts are interchangeable? I would love to get a custom exhaust, if I could find one that would be great. It's a .18, and I'm trying to get both, the pipe has a hole in it and the header is damaged beyond belief.

Dude this is straight from the yokomousa racing site you can purchase things straight from them or you can look elsewhere too. http://www.yokomousa.com/index3.htm
OK now a good pipe and header for the setup you have would be an RDLogics pipe. I have heard nothing but good about them. Check out www.rdlogics.com for some other pipes and stuff.

Arghh, this is gonna use all of my Christmas money, and I need to pay for a real car...oh well, I gotta do what I gotta do.

I know this thread is old but, you dont need a new car. Just buy a OEM manifold if you have the first GT4 cause it's side exhaust engine and the manifold has that funny bend to it. As far as pipes go... Just get whatever looks good! My guess is your not racing it. Yokomo makes a clean ass chrome pipe specifically for that .18 engine. Why bother getting anything else when Yokomo already did R&D with that pipe. I'm running that pipe and it looks and performs great! Good luck!!!

I'm kinda concentrating on my brushless drifter right now, but I have a nice job so I should be able to buy some top quality stuff for my GT-4. Thanks for the response.

What are you using for tires for drifting? I use PVC pipe. It does the job.

I'm using the Yokomo Drift Tires, but they're kinda expensive so I think I'm gonna go with PVC after I wear these down.

See, i've heard some terrible things about the yokomo tires. I heard they wear out REALLY fast. My PVC's haven't hardly shown any wear. Seems to me like you'd have to be super hardcore to wear them down completely.

Yeah, the PVC pipes are so thick that unless you have a high speed accident, you are never gonna have to replace them. I thought they looked strange for a while but now I kinda like the look. My only concern would be that I imagine it's really easy to get sideways, and with a brushless it would be hard to stop from spinning.

P.S. I think you asked me to tell you how it does with racing tires. Well, it's faster than anything I've ever driven and is almost completely neutral, but leaning towards oversteer. In the space I have to run it, it can flat out spank the GT-4. The acceleration is nothing short of mind-boggling. Oh, and this is all with a few-year- old 1500mah sport pack.

Yeah, I ran my tc3 at the track today. I surprisingly setup the car pretty well and found it to be pretty neutral and easy to control. I'd love to see a yokomo drift car running on rubbers. Sounds interesting

If you're gonna run PVC, you should take out the brushless and get a 20-27t motor. You really don't need anything fancy. PVC doesn't really have a lot traction to begin with. You can spin the the tires like crazy without even trying.

I was considering just buying the Novak SS4300 motor, but that's a tad bit expensive. I might try with the PVC and see how it works.
Update: I ran the car with my Epic/Trinity 3000mah pack and it continues to astonish me. I wasn't sure I'd be happy with electric, but it definitely scratches my speed itch.

Back