bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the best way to get the front bearings out of a 3.3 . it has been a while.

Heat the crankcase up to 250 degrees and whack it on a board to pop out the rear one, then just push the front one out with a dowel/hammer with a few light taps. Make sure to take off the carb, take out the piston/sleeve/crank first.

Hudy also makes a sweet tool for removing and replacing engine bearings but its a little pricey :)

ya piston/sleeve allready out i've done it befor just been a while needed to be remindid

Thanks Olds
Brian

I was wrong i ment the rear bearing i know you have to heat up the case but how do you pull the bearing out no where to tap on it trx 3.3

Tap the flat part of the crankcase where the backplate mounts on a board and the bearing will fall out.

dam thank you it's been about 4 years since i have had to do this.i don't tear apart my motors and clean them like a lot of other people do .(if it ain't borke don't fix it)but a partiall teardown does happen pull piston sleeve and crank and clean out everything blow with air lube and reassemble