Bead Locks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad73rs

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm new to the site but not to the hobby. Iam currently bulding my fith tmaxx from scratch and i was woundering if any one has used the maximizer bead locks? If so how do they work meaning do the tires stay on the rim? I will post some pics of my truck very soon. Thanx.

I'm running them on my Savge and so far so good.

i got a set of the 17mm 1/2 offset with swamp dawgs on them for a good 10 hallons now nd have not had any problems i am going to ge a new set for my new tires.

I had them on my savage a few years ago and I couldn't keep tires on them. No matter what I did, the tires would come off the bead. Drove me nuts, so I sold both sets I had.

At first, I ran a set on my revo. It was winter, the snow/ice didn't make for much pull on the beads due to lack of traction. Then I bought a set for my savage, the x-75's (offset standard size) and used t-maxx chevrons to prepare for the summer. First time out, I didn't make it through my first tank and I had two tires off the bead. I even tried their special rings for narrow bead tires, no luck. Same problem. The ones on the revo did the same thing when it was dry/no snow/ice.

I'll stick with glue. (no pun intended ;) )

Back