Battery recommendation for the M41 Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Last year my brand new kitty puffed up some 7.4v 2c 5800mah batteries, and some 11.1v 3c 4000 mah batteries (all Traxxas batteries). Maybe the batteries were a year to a year and a half old. They are approved batteries for use in that boat by Traxxas. The kid at the RC shop recommended something of a higher rating? I don't know if I should just trust Traxxas and my new batteries will not puff, or if I should get something heavy duty. I may only have time to run the boats once this year, and don't want to destroy these batteries and have nothing to use in my cars. (Rustler, Rustler 4x4, Stampede 4x4) Any one using batteries that are more or less bullet proof? I am running the stock engine, with upgraded dual cooling systems.

Thanks again. Have to look into that one next year. I was afraid to run my boat this year because I was afraid of destroying the batteries.

The electron 5050c we'll fit your Spartan boat and will also fit in all your Traxxas cars. The larger batteries will not fit in your car. I don't know how you could put a single 4S battery in a Spartan boat when it's set up for dual battery run. And you certainly would not want to use 4S battery in any of your Traxxas cars unless it is the UDR

I have three 7.4volt 5800mah batteries, and two 11.1volt 4000 mah Traxxas batteries. The 7600 is too long for my Stampede, Rustler, or Rustler 4x4. Using compatible batteries for all would be nice, but I ballooned a couple last year in my 'Kitty. Traxxas warrantied them. Didn't run the boat this year because I was afraid to destroy my car batteries.

20191126_204127.jpg

Your 4x4 is very cool. I may show my rigs sometime. They are oddly equipped, not sure everyone will like them. My style of RC-ing doesn't seem to have a wide audience.

Back