Battery choice!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering which battery is the best battery for my Redcat Rc car with a T plug?
and are these good batteries?

- Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 8000mAh 7.4V 100C Hard Case with Deans T Plug for RC Car Truck Truggy Boat Helicopter.​

- POVWAY 5200mAh 2S LiPo Battery 50C 7.4V RC Battery Hard Case with Dean-Style T Connector for RC Cars, RC Truck, RC Airplane, RC Helicopter, Drone, Quadcopter.​

What car is this? Those are two different batteries. Some cars are limited on space for batteries.

The zeee is a decent battery. You need to measure what you can fit then check the specs. Zeee always gives dimensions in one of the photos.

I had a guy call me b4 covid. had this 72 Deep V boat twin screws (motors w props )and he could not get it to plane .he was running Zees. I told him to try another battery. well it got to plane it 3 seconds on Colorado river. Zee are not a good battery .Id pick another brand .

Hi, I was wondering which battery is the best battery for my Redcat Rc car with a T plug?
and are these good batteries?

- Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 8000mAh 7.4V 100C Hard Case with Deans T Plug for RC Car Truck Truggy Boat Helicopter.​

- POVWAY 5200mAh 2S LiPo Battery 50C 7.4V RC Battery Hard Case with Dean-Style T Connector for RC Cars, RC Truck, RC Airplane, RC Helicopter, Drone, Quadcopter.​

Those are both really cheap, crappy batteries. You can check out THIS thread for detailed info on LiPo comparisons, including those two brands. When you look at the spreadsheet, the batteries with the highest Voltage Under Load (VUL) are the best. Look for one of those that's in your price range. (Prices may have changed since I created the spreadsheet)

What car is this? Those are two different batteries. Some cars are limited on space for batteries.
It’s a:
Redcat Racing Volcano EPX - 4WD Monster Truck - 1/10 Scale - RTR - Red.

I'd choose the 8k mah and 100c discharge battery. (If I had to choose one of those 2) Get rid of the deans. Go with xt60, or 90. Or EC5.
Make sure the dimensions of the battery fit your battery tray
Higher mah means more runtime.
I would change the plugs due to the current / load going through the plug. But deans can handle just fine for 1/10th stuff. If it's on a brushed system, yes deans are totally fine. But brushless tho, I'd change the plug.

Zeee is fine. I also use other Amazon brands like Hoovo.
But brands like CHNL, SMC, Maclan, liperior,.turnigy, those brands are a bit better.

I had a guy call me b4 covid. had this 72 Deep V boat twin screws (motors w props )and he could not get it to plane .he was running Zees. I told him to try another battery. well it got to plane it 3 seconds on Colorado river. Zee are not a good battery .Id pick another brand .
Then what are your recommendations for the best Rc car battery?
for a Redcat Racing Volcano EPX - 4WD Monster Truck?
I'd choose the 8k mah and 100c discharge battery. (If I had to choose one of those 2) Get rid of the deans. Go with xt60, or 90. Or EC5.
Make sure the dimensions of the battery fit your battery tray
Higher mah means more runtime.
I would change the plugs due to the current / load going through the plug. But deans can handle just fine for 1/10th stuff. If it's on a brushed system, yes deans are totally fine. But brushless tho, I'd change the plug.

Zeee is fine. I also use other Amazon brands like Hoovo.
But brands like CHNL, SMC, Maclan, liperior,.turnigy, those brands are a bit better.
is a battery that has a T plug okay? because my red cat Rc car has a T plug battery input.

Last edited:
Is POVWAY 5200mAh 2S LiPo Battery 50C 7.4V RC Battery Hard Case with Dean-Style T Connector a good battery?

Any battery is a good battery if you take care of it
Besides Traxxas and spektrum stuff. 😅
Huh my 3 year old second handed traxxas 5000mah 4 cell explody-looking batteries are still staying strong even though I never did any "lipo-care" like charging before storage⁉️🤣 at some point i used up both, forgot to charge and let em sit for 3 months

Thank you everyone for the info.
And one more question? Is gens ace lipo batteries a good brand?

Last edited:
gensacearespammers is possibly better than zeee. I have several gensacearespammers. Ovonic has been ok for me as well. Most amazon stuff won’t turn out to be what they advertise. In a red cat, zeee will be just fine. If you have some fancy high powered boat, or you are club racing, or have some high powered vehicle, yeah you should probably test out some more expensive batteries. fantom racing makes some expensive batteries. Pit bull rc also has some good batteries. Like everything in RC, you just need to buy one, test it, and spread the word.
Why does it say gensacearespammers though??

Thank you everyone for the info.
And one more question? Is gens ace lipo batteries a good brand?
Greywolf posted a link to his extensive battery testing spreadsheet which clearly shows a lot of the good and bad LiPo brands. Use it.