Battery charging question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a universal smart charger that charges at .8 and 1.9 amps. 7.2 to 12 volts. I have a dynamite 1500 nimh pack for my Raminator that I was wanting to charge with it. I've used the Trx power pack charger to charge the 1100 nimh that came with it, but it seems to either false peak or not peak at all. The pack gets up to about 100 degrees and stays there, continuing to take a charge. The smart charger says to not charge a battery that's any less then 1100 mah. I should be good, right? I've never had a problem charging sub c cells with it. Packs get to about 110 and run good. Thanks as always.

Last edited:
7.2 volts is 6 cells. I don't think I would risk charging 5. I'm confused a bit by your post though... .8-1.9 VOLTS or AMPS?

You should be good with the TRX charger. Just take the battery off when it starts to get warm.

Amps! Typo. I assume that being the packs are 7.2 volts, they're six cells. I'm gonna try it with the 1100 and watch the temps close. The trx charges at 1 amp, so I don't see it hurting anything.

If the pack is 6 cell it will be fine. I took it to mean a 5 cell receiver pack.

Back