Basic tools and parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeKoch

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi. I'm new to the sport and wondering what are some things to keep handy. also, what are some spare parts to keep with me for a truggy? Thanks.

if you have a Redcat Lightning why are u asking about a truggy lol :p

Well my birthday isnt too far away and I'm gonna get a truggy. Most likely a cen marix tr arena. So I was wanting to know what parts I should stock up on.

Basic items to have as backups would certainly include glow plugs and body clips. Wheel nuts, fuel line, ball cup ends. Inexpensive parts that can end your day should be in your pit box.

+1 on what Lessen said, and if you are ordering online, you should also order a nice screwdriver set that is compatible with your new rig if you don't already have hex drivers etc. Allen keys just don't cut it.

you should get a bolt set aswel... its a mix of all the fidderent size and types of bolts that you could need incase one decides to be an idiot and loosen hahaa!!:):hehe:

I would also get some spur gears and few a-arms. Also +1 the lesson.

The CEN Matrix Arena truggy is a poor choice. It's front arms bend like butter.

A good tuning screwdriver, a quality set of hex wrenches, after run oil, and a bucket of patience!

iv gotta agree for that last 1!! patients is the key thing!!!:hehe:

I always drive mine like 2 minutes from my house so if I break something I just run home and get it.

Dog bones might be helpfull

Back