basic carby setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuffit

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys , I just acquired a raptor monster truck from a mate - he said he coundn't get t to run accept at full throttle , when i got he has screwed all the screws in every direction no wonder it runs like a pig - can anybody help me with the basic carby settings as per factory default to give me a starting point - thanks

first of all wat truck/car is it (wat model , engine etc etc )
have u got the book that came with the truck if so should tell u in there

if not i think there is online mauels u can get on this forum

hi thanks for the reply - it is a schumacher raptor and the manual is useless - only a parts book - my mate said that is all it came with - he had the screw on the throttle lever side screwed right out and the idle air screw screwed out as well the main mixture was out about 5 turns the one on the main fuel inlet was out about 2-1/2 turns that is why i was after a base rule of thumb setting to start with - i fly electrics mainly but have had about 20 years exp. with nitro planes but they are a differant kettle of fish to these to tune

Looks like i'am on to something now - is the low end needle the one on the throttle lever end or the muffler side - i assume that is the idle mixture
thanks

The low end needle is the one on the throttle lever side. The high speed and idle both should be on the muffler side. With the high speed being the larger.

Thanks everybody - got the Raptor running right now - this thing absolutley hammers!- i thought my mates tnx was fast but this just eats its

Back