Bashin Buggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenwing7

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I don't know anything about buggies but I ran with a guy who had an ofna buggy, thats all I know about it, it was a 1/8 and he said he had to put it all together so I was wondering, using RCNT as a starting point, what some of the more solid buggies are that would be best for bashing, price is not too much of an issue, just want to keep the whole thing around or under 600 w/o electronics, so a good basher, and LHS parts doesn't matter cause they can get anything but smartech parts LOL.
I like the buggys cause they are big, have big engines, seem pretty solid, and can turn. lemmie know cuase right now I know nothing, just what I have read here on RCNT. thanks :cheers:

I'd take a look at a Sportwerks Mayhem RTR. The look very nice.

If you want a kt take a look at the Kyosho Inferno MP777.

Xterminater seems to be the best basher you can get. The pro is only 400 i think.

I have been looking at these now and do buggies have 2 speed trannys in them?,
see then thing I don't need is a radio or servos, but if it comes with an engine that is ok.

does anyone want to put their :2cents: in on what they think is a good buggy???

Buggies usually don't have 2 speeds. XTM's XLB has a 2-speed. Th eX-Terminator Deluexe buggies are awesome bashing buggies to, and they are very cheap for what you get.

mbx5 best basher, strongest car out there, and awesome race wagon as well

WARNING: Plug alert!
I might have a Mayhem for sale, ARR, RTR, or Roller. I'm always swapping stuff around, as I have two Mayhems, 1 Prospec, 1 TT S-3, 2 Savages,and 2 Revo's and about 5 motors (Max power M5, Crono RS3, NR P5, RREX 528R 8 port, Sportwerks .26, Hyper .21 8 port,and an ofna .21), so I'm looking at moving a few items, as I'm picking up a KO Helios 10 w/rcvr and matching servos. I might be selling one of my Revo's too.
PM or email if interested.

AC48 said:
Buggies usually don't have 2 speeds. XTM's XLB has a 2-speed. Th eX-Terminator Deluexe buggies are awesome bashing buggies to, and they are very cheap for what you get.

SO A 2-SPEED is not something to look for like in a monster truck
what are things to look for in a bashing buggy?? the more i look into these, the less i know i know

i'm not a guru, but here is my .02. get an ofna hyper series buggy. tremendous aftermarket support and hop up potential. pretty race solid and for bashing it holds its own. i would stay away from the more pricey buggies (like$600 kits) those are strictly for racing...basically over kill for bashing.

check out the hyper PCR, PRO, or PBS model. all will run u about 400 hundred and change.

If you want THE BEST bashing buggy, My vote 100000% would be to get the XTM X-terminator PRO!!!! It is the absolute strongest buggy on the market IMO<< I've had my buggy since last june, and i still have not broken a single part yet. And I've been doing some serious driving. If you want a bashing buggy, this is the 1 to get.... Parts r tought to find (unless u have a hobbypeople around, then u r in heaven). still, unless u take it off like HUGE jumps, it wont break any major parts. Sometimes it breaks stupid stuff like strips servo horns or stuff like that (yes.. that just happened to me). But just get a alum servo horn and your fine. I'm probably going to be selling my x-terminator pro for around $250 (it is in great condition except for the chassis). If you want it, let me know. I might be switching from 1/8 to 1/10 :( (i know... its a very sad time). If you have any questions about it, lmk.

ALSO, if its 2 speed you want, a 2 speed kit is available for the x-terminator series for $100. Whatever you do, don't get a x-terminator rtr. They are crap. the Deluxes r ok, but pro's r the bomb.

Last edited:
I really like the Mayhem RTR. Cost you about $460 or so. Has a really nice engine, lay out is good and I like the suspension on it. Has a nice FM radio (JR) and some decent servos that you could probably keep and be happy with.

The hyper PBS is good but my experience is that the hyper 21 8 port is finicky and you might have some gear mesh problems due to engine clearance with the rear drive shaft. It's a good car too and tough. The radio is cheap and the servos are cheap too so you'll end up swapping those.

HYPER 7 series, the PRO/PBS/PCR versions, these things are built like tanks.

The xterminator come with a xtm 24.7 pro. SOme people pick that as a mod engine!

savagefan04 said:
i'm not a guru, but here is my .02. get an ofna hyper series buggy. tremendous aftermarket support and hop up potential. pretty race solid and for bashing it holds its own. i would stay away from the more pricey buggies (like$600 kits) those are strictly for racing...basically over kill for bashing.

check out the hyper PCR, PRO, or PBS model. all will run u about 400 hundred and change.
Crap, more exspensive kits are worth more because they hold there own a track but have superior build quality, stronger plastics etc, there not only any good on a track, ofnas hypers are actually designed as a race buggy as well, they just aint as good as the ks mugens or the xb8

I am going to bash my prospec hard. Buggies hold up. Sky and ratzo and el p bashed all of their top of of the line buggies. For money i still say the xtm x pro.

I have the regular RTR x-term. I love it. Had it for about a year. Repaced the tires and one a-arm so far. Tires were too soft on it, plus I ran it some on the asphalt. Ran it some this winter and was pretty cold is why I broke the a-arm.

Right now the deluxe is $380. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145602.asp

They do have a 2-speed kit for them. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/149825.asp But, I don't know a thing about it. Do a search on their forum if ya think about buying it. http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/index.php?sid=e16fe705a9440cae3fbeec01ec2fef18

I had a X-Terminator RTR once too. I loved it. The 24.7 is the easiest engine I've ever tuned and broke in. It was very fast and I never broke a single part on it. Since teh Deluexe is so cheap no I'd go for that.

is the XTM the 1/7 scale buggy? I have been looking now and these buggys look like they are really made more for racing than bashing, like a savage, I'm torn on what to get right now, but I will defanetly be getting one, hopefully sooner than later tho

The XTM 1/7th buggy is the XLB, the X-Terminator series buggies are 1/8th and are better for bashing than racing. They are very strong and damn quick with the 24.7 mill.