Baja 5b shelf queen.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am seriously running out of room. I don't just the crawler table I was building so I think I'll build a killer RC room so I'll have an excuse to build another one... ;)
My wife suggested it, not me.:cool:
I have at least three more rigs I want to build, k8, Talion 6s, and a 5ive T.

I'll post a video of the first start and first and only run.
Still a ways to go but I have lots of parts coming in.
The wife said, OMG what you going to do this winter?

:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
Polish, polish, and polish some more. 😁
Buggy is coming along great!

I got a bunch of parts in today and they were a pain in the arse to install. Nothing seemed to go right but the mock up is finished at least.

IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG

All I have left is the exhaust pipe which is on the way and a couple brake parts, plus the servos. Not sure when they will be here. I want to run through it again and make sure I Loctite everything.

IMG_0588.JPG

Thanks man. It is kind of strange but makes sense, the build started easy but when I got towards the end it became harder and harder with each part.
I am impressed with the quality of these aluminum parts and they all lined up perfectly but it definitely shows something is off somewhere.
I installed the last part on the front bulkhead and for some reason, it tightened up my steering a little, so I need to tear it down and see what's up.
The orange rear hubs is the only set I could find but when the wheels are attached, you can't see them.

Thanks bud. I have a piece of metal mesh I took off the back of one of my amps, I'm going to put in up front on the roll bar just like I did with the shorty baja.

I wanna see a vid of you fumbling around with that! 🤪🤣😝

Can you get a pic of it with the X-Maxx?
I only share accidental face plant stories. Unfortunately I'm sure I'm due for a face plant off the porch.
I have to give blood Thursday so that would be a good day to practice my circus skills... :p
I'll get a pic of the Xmaxx and her bud.
Ok, the baja is 2" longer and 7" wider. It isn't as big as I thought it was but big enough.
For the record Kev, that Xmaxx about killed me pulling her down off the shelf and putter her back...:eek:
Not to mention shuffling them around. There is a lot of weight there.

IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0595.JPG

Last edited: