Bad week

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from visiting her. Yesterday she had the trache tube changed to a smaller one to wean her off oxygen and she's now able to speak. She's been moved to another hospital for rehab to get her up and walking around, again. She's completely upbeat and today she complained about the smell of nurses who come in after a cigarette break.
Thanks for asking.

My mom's lungs are starting to harden, so they've turned to the oxygen a bit and turned her on to her belly. Both of those will help with that. It does mean she's getting worse though, so I really hope this does work. If it does and her lungs start to heal then they will be putting a trach in.
I wouldn't tell you to mind your own, you're being sincere and thanks for that.

Continued prayers for you both. Couple weeks ago my Granny, 82, fell at her house and broke her hip. I didn't see the x-rays, but they were able to put in a rod to fix it. Got the call today she's going home tomorrow, so my wife and I will be taking turns with my aunt that lives with grandma helping her finish up her PT. Just thought I'd let y'all know I was still thinking of you. Sometimes it means more than the thinker knows to the thinkee.

@Rooky78 thoughts and prayers going out for your granny. A broken hip is tough to deal with at that age.
One of the reasons my friend is in rehab is because she's weak from being in a power chair. She shattered her femur falling on ice last winter and is held together with plates and pins.

Thanks @Rolex it was a nasty scare. Not too many of us thought she'd live a year without my grandpa when he passed in 09. And the hell of it... in 1986, my Granny's mom fell and broke her hip. They fixed it and put her in a home for rehab. She said she'd lived on her own since she was 15 and wasn't depending on nobody. We buried her a month later. I live closest to grandma so my aunt called me and she said "well you remember my mom. If it's my hip, I'm done"

Getting the nicotine she craves without all the nasty crap a cigarette has will make a world of a difference for her
I wouldn't want her to stay dependent on nicotine, but there are some that are just flavored, aren't there? The nicotine craving would be out of her and now it's just the habit of the mechanical movements. If she keeps that up, she might go back to doing it with cigarettes.
It's over 10 years for me, now, and I don't crave it a bit.

Now you crave Carnuba, @Rolex. You just swapped one substance for another. lol

Well, we had to remove my mom from life support this morning. There was nothing else that could be done for her. Sometime in last couple of days she had stroke, the doctors said she wouldn't survive for much longer and this way we could say bye. I'm at peace and relieved that her suffering is over, I'm still very upset. It was very hard seeing her trying breath off life support, I think that's what was the most upsetting for me. I got to tell her I loved her, and then she passed right after.

So sorry for your loss, friend. Rest assured her suffering is now over. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Very sad news. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Just be thankful you had the time to say goodbye.

Back