Bad Lipos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I am currently in class for my European certification for Dangerous Goods shipments, so I guess this may be why I noticed this listing. We all know the dangers of Lipos, even people who aren't in the hobby may have heard the stories of Lipo incidents lately. I also all remember when Lipos were banned by the USPS, (still are at the Military P.O.) it looks like this eBay seller may end up causing them to get banned again. They're selling "Defective" lipos, all we need is for one of these to start a fire while it's in transit to whoever is dumb enough to buy them. I bet they aren't going to ship them in a Lipo sack either, just pack them into a little box.

That's ridiculous! A guy on one of my local forums was selling "slightly puffed lipos" the thread got deleted he had the audacity to get all pissy about. Like come on selling something that could possibly burn someones house down.

tumblr_m00jplznWf1r2cfii_zpsff6f2a70.png

BUT WHY!!!!!!! I just started to enjoy LIPOS!!!!!!! Lol

Lets hope this doesn't get the Lipo's are too dangerous bs going again.

tumblr_m00jplznWf1r2cfii_zpsff6f2a70.png

BUT WHY!!!!!!! I just started to enjoy LIPOS!!!!!!! Lol

So don't buy defective ones, I think you'll be fine. :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Here's another great deal on an extremely safe shipment.

I find that seriously dangerous. Ebay needs to watch their sales a lot closer. I don't want to see someone in the Postal Service seriously burned because they have to deliver bad batteries.
This is a Hazmat sale.
-------------------------------------
Okay, I hit the report button. Wait and see how long it takes them to pull it.

Last edited:
Here's another great deal on an extremely safe shipment.

The funny thing is that I only saw about three l LiPo's in there! But that is just plain stupid, that is why people like us have to go through all the hoops to get a battery after someone get burnt by one of those. And quick question who runs NiCd or NiHm on here? (this is not meant to be sarcastic, just a question) :)

Last edited:
I do. I run NiMH batteries on my TX all the time...

What batteries do you use?

In my Spektrum DX3S, I run the batteries that came in the box. They are Spektrum branded. My DX7 runs a LiPo, however.

Back