Bad break-in/can't richen anymore??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stackster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone,
I'm kinda new here.. I read a lot of stuff but I've never posted before. I'm having some trouble with my tmaxx. I just put in the new TRX 3.3 and I am having some difficulties with it.

First of all.. I tried to break it in.. The first tank I could hardly get it running, and once it would run as soon as I would take the igniter off it would quit. I leaned it out to try to get it to run but it still wouldn't stay running. It never got to proper running temperature so I gave up that day but already used an entire tank on it. I put WD40 through the engine. I tried again and this time I got it running properly (still a little bit lean) but in the end it started running good and I leaned it back out. I broke it in as if it was my first tank (1/4 throttle for 2 seconds...and so on). Then of course on the 5th tank my igniter battery died and I couldn't get it to to run that day. 3 days later I finished off the last tank. So my question for this part is would this mess my engine up at all?

Now my next question is that it seems to be running lean I can go WOT and it starts going but shortly after it shifts to second gear it starts to hesitate. I have richened the crap out of that needle and it almost seems to not even make a difference when I richen it. I changed it back to factory settings and then almost 3 turns out from that so I guess that's 7 full turns from closed. And even then it still starts to cut out in second gear wide open. Is there like a maximum level that I can rich this engine out to? It almost seems as if the High speed needle is stuck or something is there anyway to fix that?

screw the hsn all the way out and blow it out really good, blow the carb out with a air compressor, sounds like you got a piece of trash in your hsn screw.

Once it's broken in, it's time to start LEANING it, not making it richer.
Get it warmed up, then lean it about 1/16 turn at a time, and make a couple of passes with it before adjusting it again.l

Once it's broken in, it's time to start LEANING it, not making it richer.
Get it warmed up, then lean it about 1/16 turn at a time, and make a couple of passes with it before adjusting it again.l

Yes the problem is that it seems to be running too lean in the first place.. It hesitates when I do high speed passes.

are you running traxxas fuel?