Bad Bad crash with my X-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
He guys. Well I got a 3 foot tall jump with a nice lip to it. It provides awesome air and its a blast to jump it with my X-T. The X-T flys very well in the air.

As always it wasn't enough. We jacked up the jump on some logs and it was launching my buggy almnost 20 feet into the air. It was jsut about as high as the second story of my house...going along side the house lol. Anyway, I went WOT to see how much air I could really get with my X-Terminator Deluxe. We also added a nice very very smooth entrence to the jump so there was almost no resistance when getting on the the plywood. I went WOT and the thing absoluetly flew, must have been 20 feet or around there. All 5 of the people watching went "Uh-Oh" as they saw where the buggy was headed. Directly at a big rock. I watched the buggy land right on the rock, there was nothing I could do lol. Landed smack on the chassis and the thing bounced of the rock like 5 feet back into the air. From the very hard impact my battery pack flew out of the holder and I lost contact with the radio. The engine went WOT upside down. Also, the tuned pipe rod had sheered and the tuned pipe was completely off the buggy. Man that thing was loud lol, and to top it off the air filter had come off.

So theres my buggy, just smashed into a rock after flying 20 feet in the air, whining at probably 30,000 or so RPMs upside down in the pine needles with no filter. I thought the thing would be totaled.

I stopped the enigne (those things hurt your hears at WOT with no pipe) and checked the damage.

Total Damage = 1 sheered exhaust retianer rod.

The XTM buggy is an absolute BEAST. That was probably the worst crash I have ever seen I person. I mean the thing friggin bounced off the rock...absolutely nothing padded the impact. Chassis has a few marks on it, but nothing major. I took off the head of the engine, looks pristine, it has about a quart of fuel on it. I was amazed that nothing was broken, just another reason for a basher to get an X-Terminator...

Sorry guys no pics or video of it...:( I wish I had that on film, it was crazy.

Get a straight edge and check the chassis if it got tweaked. When you break it down, lay the chassis on a large enough section of glass. I'd break her down anyway, just in case.

I will check it more closely later, but it looks perfect to me. And yea, I'm gunna break it down anyway to put some diff oil in. Does get very good traction on the grass without it.

I'd do a complete teardown on the mill too...it only takes a little crap in there to make it go boom....again

good grief! i thought u were gonna say that it caught more air and flew thru a window in ur house and into ur mother's or sister's bedroom doin the same thing.

-Ult

UltegraSTI said:
good grief! i thought u were gonna say that it caught more air and flew thru a window in ur house and into ur mother's or sister's bedroom doin the same thing.

-Ult
Lol yea that would be very bad lol. And yea plaid I am gunna tear down the engine before I run it again. Looks fine up in the piston/sleeve area but I gotta check the crank and stuff.

I am ordering a pro soon here...

Cool, you'll like it. Probably won't take the corners like your MBX-5, but it sure takes a beating. I've also done cart wheels, landed on its side, etc...and only broke the wing. Well and that exhast rod...nothing major. I hope to be putting a Collari B3 in mine soon :D

Mine is getting a v-spec...Whats a B3?

what are some good mills for the XTM pro, I just picked one up, this seems pretty pricey, or is this a case of you get what you pay for?? strictly bashing and learning to drive, I think I am getting good at tuning LOL

The XTM 24.7 is a very usuer friendly engine, very easy to tune, and has good, but controllable power. If you want you could step up to the Pro. These V-Specs and Collaris may be a bit much to learn on. O.S. RG is another good option...

greenwing7 said:
what are some good mills for the XTM pro, I just picked one up, this seems pretty pricey, or is this a case of you get what you pay for?? strictly bashing and learning to drive, I think I am getting good at tuning LOL
Thank you SOOO MUCH for buying mine, you really helped me out. (the stupid paypal hasnt cleared yet.. can you believe it???) It will be out the day, or the next day it clears. The first engine i had in that X-term was an RG. Let me say this, It was my favorite engine ever besides my Novarossi. The low end was awesome and same with the high end. GET ONE they are only $110 at your lhs (if they carry em)... you'll love it.

Damn. I am alright at tuning...I only have like 5 gallons of run time between my cars. Something always breaks. The collari .30 will teach me how to tune or be misreble.

man you guys need to start an rtr push page so theres not a million junk threads on rtr cars

mikeburgin said:
man you guys need to start an rtr push page so theres not a million junk threads on rtr cars
Sorry if you think this thread is junk, I just wanted to share my experience :shrug:

I'm not saying that your thread is junk I'm saying that the rtr guys are spamming the threads and they should create a rtr thread for them, theres a kyosho thread mugen thread swift thread but 100 rtr thrads that all talk about the same stuff, if you guys keep it all togeather you might find its easier instead of rtr spamming the whole 18th buggy forum

Mike, I don't see what the problem is? There are a lot more guys with rtr buggies than the high dollar race machines, so it goes to reason there will be many more rtr threads. If you are not interested in them why bother posting in them, or even reading them for that matter. Who are you to decided what is and what is not worthy of being posted here? And what is and what is not a junk thread? If the rtr buggy threads bother you soooo much I have a great idea for you, DON"T READ EM!

Yea I didn't see a problem. None of the posts in here are spam...

Back