Axial yeti jr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonwatch

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I was gifted it and I’ve got grinding in the front end. I’m sure I can fix it but dang this thing seems a pain to work on. Tempted to convert to brushless, but fear the whole car will just fall apart.

It looks cool af but pains me to even think about working on.
image.jpg

For the last 3 years I've toyed with the idea of one. It would look cool on my trailer behind my 450.

I used to have one, I would pull the front apart and check out the diff ( maybe go through the whole thing). When I got mine, I ran it but immediately checked to see if the diffs were greased. I think they were dry…….grease them up a little. I did go brushless with a hobbywing set up on mine and it was wicked fast but I suggest staying brushed it will be easier on the spur gear. Mine started to skip teeth/ grind the spur every time I hit the throttle from a take off or even low speed. I ended up setting the punch way down low And it helped. I would also go through it and check the bearings while you’re in there, and change the shock fluid to something heavier like 27-30 wt. I fiddled with mine a lot and the worst part was setting the pinion to spur mesh since it has that enclosed cover. It was a fun experience, but I sold it to make room for another vehicle.

Back