Axial Exo Terra Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys I'm new to the forums and i am just now getting into this new axial exo terra buggy and built it as a kit. I am looking for suggestions on brushless setup for it. Can anyone help? I'm not a racer i just like to run in my yard. Running 2s and 3s.

I run the VXL setup in mine, works great.

How are your temps and how does it run? Is it torqy? And is it fast?

Castle mamba system. My friend just upgraded his hpi blitz with he castle and its a whole new truck now. Tons of power and speed also very good temps. For sure having to upgrade driveline parts and tires already after just a few days of bashing.

Id probably put a Castle Sidewinder/3800kv in it myself. or something comparable from Tekin if you got the extra money.

I am also wondering the same thing. I found a combo for the velineon with esc and a 2075 servo for $125. Is that a good deal?? I want it to go at least 35 mph but even higher would be nice. Whats the best value?

I would say a Mmp or a tekin rx8 and a tekin motor. Had a Mmp in my scte and it went out on me, hear there prone to glitching after hard hits. I'm running the rx8 with a pro4 3300kv in now and it hauls, of course its my race truck. There is a guy that races with us that has the rx8 with a tekin pro4 4000kv and its stupid fast. I would say for bashing go with the tekin combo with a 4600kv, you wont. be sorry. It is spendy but worth it. Just make sure you gear it right and or run a motor fan. Good luck.

Personally as of now I don't plan on racing mine so spending $300+ for a motor and esc is just to much. What do you guys think of this combo:
http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/...4+120A+ESC++++Program+Card+FREE+SHIPPING.html

seems like a steal!!

That's a good deal. I know a couple guys who run the TenShock stuff, and they say it's pretty good.

---------- Post added at 1:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I would suggest the 3500 or 4000 kv combos

That's a good deal. I know a couple guys who run the TenShock stuff, and they say it's pretty good.

---------- Post added at 1:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I would suggest the 3500 or 4000 kv combos

I found the v2 version for the same price
http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/...cl.SC401+V2,+EX4+120A+ESC++PROGRAM+CARD).html

It comes in 3400, 3800, 4400kv. I've never run brushless before...how much of a difference would there be between the 3. I don't want to have to worry about over heating, and I might run 3s at some point (not sure)

I found the v2 version for the same price
http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/...cl.SC401+V2,+EX4+120A+ESC++PROGRAM+CARD).html

It comes in 3400, 3800, 4400kv. I've never run brushless before...how much of a difference would there be between the 3. I don't want to have to worry about over heating, and I might run 3s at some point (not sure)

High kv = more speed
low kv = more torque

The Exo Terra is 4wd, so I would choose torque over speed. I would probably choose the 3400 or 3800 kv.

Back