Axial chassis plate mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm going to be updating this sketchup model of the axial chassis as new ideas come to me.

You can see the first mod here. Anything I cut away will be done with a Dremel. This mod facilitates the transmission protruding beyond the chassis, allowing the entire width to be reduced.

in doing this model I've already come up with another mod to lower the shock mounts and make them adjustable.

plate.jpg

Last edited:
You had better be careful or the chassis is just going to taco up on you. I learned that the hard way when I trimmed up my stock Axail chassis.

You had better be careful or the chassis is just going to taco up on you. I learned that the hard way when I trimmed up my stock Axail chassis.

true enough. which is why the chassis stiffener (now shown in dark blue) has 4 bolt holes. I've used the 2 existing body post mount holes, and as you can see, there 2 additional holes on either side. With this configuration the bottom part of the chassis could snap off and the shock towers wouldn't taco.

This is also my next iteration of the chassis mods, adjustable shock towers.

chassis2-1.jpg

Kinda turning out like a Rockstar by ckrc....imo.

Sure if you like the Rock Star chassis LOL!!! it's not a bad chassis, but there are better IMO. Are you gonna narrow it up and move the lower links inboard?

Sure if you like the Rock Star chassis LOL!!! it's not a bad chassis, but there are better IMO. Are you gonna narrow it up and move the lower links inboard?

I've got a new skid plate from TCS coming in the mail so hopefully I can setup the geometry properly.

I've only even seen my brother's axial hit the rocks. I haven't even taken mine out yet, weather's been horrible. These mods are my winter project so I've got plenty of time to tweak the parts before I begin.

If there's a linkage setup that's popular let me know, I'll see if it's possible to mod the chassis to suit.

i just moved my lower links inboard and the shocks out board cut the skid plate wich it sounds like you bought one that is already cut to move the links inside the chassis and i am running bent lower links front and rear

Back