AXIAL ax10 SCORPION FOR MY SONS B-DAY?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdogg1966

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a tmaxx 3.3, a savage 4.6, a nitro stampede, and a new never fueled hpi firestorm( waiting for spring time) my question is this, my sons birthday is coming up and he wants a axial ax10 scorpion rtr. I have absolutely no experience with crawlers or any electric r/c for that matter so what do you think of the axial ax10:whhooo: scorpion rtr? does it have a good reputation or should i look at another crawler? i will be buying this thursday so please comment if you can and thanks. kdogg

The rtr is actually not the best way to go. The electronics suck and all the links are all plastic and the tires really really suck...Whats your max budget?

If you do end up getting a AX10 crawler get the ready to crawl (RTC) not the ready to run (RTR) it has a lot of changes made to it that make it better out of the box, but like SNG said the stock electronics suck and that will be the case with pretty much all RTR Crawlers...

hey thanks, can you suggest a rock crawler that's a good rtr, i figured anywhere from $300.00 to $400.00 budget. i really don't know much about electric r/c so any suggestions would be very helpful. kdogg

The Axial RTC is pretty good I guess for the money, its the "ready to crawl" version instead of the "ready to run" version...

Hmm, I looked at 5 different places and they are out of stock or on back order...
but here one is so you can see it.
http://www.rcplanet.com/Axial_AX10_Scorpion_Rock_Crawler_p/axi90011.htm

You might try going to the Classified section here and posting a Wanted To Buy ad in the correct forum. Try "axial ax10 crawler." then specify you want one ready to run.

If you do go with the RTC get rid of the plastic steering link. It flexes WAY too much and will give you headaches to no end.

Last edited:
hey, thanks for the help guys, i'll probably go with the losi. kdogg

The Night Crawler is pretty slick and leaves you lots of room to upgrade as your experience grows. Good luck and let us know how it's going!!!

Back