Axial AX10 center transmission ball diff.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought an AX10 all metal center transmission for a 2wd project, but didnt realize the diff in it is locked, which wont work for what I'm trying to do, so, does anyone know of a ball diff that might fit in that transmission? Due to the size of the metal transmission though, it wont fit a gear diff, which is why I'm looking for a ball diff for it. This is the transmission i bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/303614240170

I havent seen any diffs for the axial transmission. The only axial diff I know of is the scx10 axles, and the exo terra center diff.

A Traxxas 2wd tranny may work. Multiple companies make lockers for it, and it comes open diff. The only draw back is the ax10 is 15:1 to 74:1, depending on spur and pinion. The traxxas 2wd is a magnum 272, the overall ratio is 2.72.

That was the transmission back in the day for solid axle rwd short course and scale builds before axial.

Hope that helps you.

I havent seen any diffs for the axial transmission. The only axial diff I know of is the scx10 axles, and the exo terra center diff.

A Traxxas 2wd tranny may work. Multiple companies make lockers for it, and it comes open diff. The only draw back is the ax10 is 15:1 to 74:1, depending on spur and pinion. The traxxas 2wd is a magnum 272, the overall ratio is 2.72.

That was the transmission back in the day for solid axle rwd short course and scale builds before axial.

Hope that helps you.
I'm not looking for a solid axle setup, hence the ball diff idea. I need something that is either open or limited slip, since it is going in a 2WD, primarily off road SCT. The reason i went with the AX10 metal transmission is because for the SCT I'm using, noone makes a metal motor mount for it, and the stock trans and motor mount are all plastic, and doesn't work very well brushless, but the AX10 transmission housing fits perfectly in the chassis i am using.

Back