Associated 4x4 rtr sct pro light

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaeblade151

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all my question is what motor and motor mount can I replace in the team associated prolite 4x4 sct rtr this part is not going to be sold anymore. I've been waiting since April of last year.motor mount part #Asc7136! I want to do away with this fine pieace of poop truck parts and install all new everything. Well starting with the motor mount and motor

it looks like you could make a custom one, or modify another similar one to work. if you get one that is just a vertical plate you will probably need a brace of some sort to reinforce vertically. it is a weird design indeed, i dont know why they would have done that.
i do understand frustration but you may want to watch language on the forums :p

it looks like you could make a custom one, or modify another similar one to work. if you get one that is just a vertical plate you will probably need a brace of some sort to reinforce vertically. it is a weird design indeed, i dont know why they would have done that.
i do understand frustration but you may want to watch language on the forums :p
Thank you for the quick reply and I sure will watch my language! Sorry about that! Your info is very much appreciated!

Thank you for the quick reply and I sure will watch my language! Sorry about that! Your info is very much appreciated!
like i said i know how hard it is sometimes when frustration is building! trying to tune an engine and wont tune right later to find out its an air leak definitely goes up there.
hope you find something!

like i said i know how hard it is sometimes when frustration is building! trying to tune an engine and wont tune right later to find out its an air leak definitely goes up there.
hope you find something!
Thank you i sure hope so too!

Why do you need to replace the motor mount to replace the motor? What size motor is in it currently? Can't you just go out and replace the motor with something the same size? Also, there seem to be a ton of aftermarket motor mounts for the sc10/sc5m. Couldn't you go with something like that?

Why do you need to replace the motor mount to replace the motor? What size motor is in it currently? Can't you just go out and replace the motor with something the same size? Also, there seem to be a ton of aftermarket motor mounts for the sc10/sc5m. Couldn't you go with something like that?
The ProLite 4x4, and the ProSC 4x4 are completely different animals when comparing them to Associated's SC10, and RC10SC5M 2wd platforms.

Since my memory got jogged, search for Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk parts. The Sparrowhawk VX touring car chassis is what started it all, and evolved into truggy, rally, and short course platforms.

Back