Arrma Granite Voltage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadCharlieG

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it good for the price?
1618415494585.png

its a 100$ 2 wd brushed with a 5 wire servo. what do you think?
Look... You don't have to answer my noobish questions. So far you put off a really bad vibe, and I don't like it. You can think whatever you want, but if you're gonna be a jerk I don't want to hear it. You usually are. For the sake of the forums mostly friendly community, you should think before you speak. :rolleyes:

And me being the noob I am? I see nothing wrong with 5-wire servos. Brushed motors can be changed with brushless motors, as long as you have a brushless esc (Which I do!). 2WD works for what I would use it for.

If I'm all wrong, I would prefer someone else tell me about it.

Look... You don't have to answer my noobish questions. So far you put off a really bad vibe, and I don't like it. You can think whatever you want, but if you're gonna be a jerk I don't want to hear it. You usually are. For the sake of the forums mostly friendly community, you should think before you speak. :rolleyes:

And me being the noob I am? I see nothing wrong with 5-wire servos. Brushed motors can be changed with brushless motors, as long as you have a brushless esc (Which I do!). 2WD works for what I would use it for.

If I'm all wrong, I would prefer someone else tell me about it.
Its not a bad starter truck, but is very, very limited in what you can do with it. There isnt much in the way of upgrades for it, which means you are stuck with the stock plastics, which can't handle too much power. It also has a 3-in-1 ESC/Receiver, which means if you wish to swap to brushless, you will have to change the radio, receiver, ESC and motor, and, very few receivers use 5 wire servos, so you would also need a new servo. If you are looking for a low priced 2WD monster truck that you can upgrade later, you would be much better off spending a bit more and picking up an ECX (the ECX Amp is the same size as the Granite, and the Ruckus is sized more like most short course trucks, in that it is longer and a little wider, but, is also more stable than the shorter truck). They can typically only be picked up in store, so, unless you have a local shop that carried them, you're only other option for them is possibly eBay or used from someone on here. Other than that, there is Traxxas. I dont know of any other 2WD platform. Most anymore are 4WD.

Its not a bad starter truck, but is very, very limited in what you can do with it. There isnt much in the way of upgrades for it, which means you are stuck with the stock plastics, which can't handle too much power. It also has a 3-in-1 ESC/Receiver, which means if you wish to swap to brushless, you will have to change the radio, receiver, ESC and motor, and, very few receivers use 5 wire servos, so you would also need a new servo. If you are looking for a low priced 2WD monster truck that you can upgrade later, you would be much better off spending a bit more and picking up an ECX (the ECX Amp is the same size as the Granite, and the Ruckus is sized more like most short course trucks, in that it is longer and a little wider, but, is also more stable than the shorter truck). They can typically only be picked up in store, so, unless you have a local shop that carried them, you're only other option for them is possibly eBay or used from someone on here. Other than that, there is Traxxas. I dont know of any other 2WD platform. Most anymore are 4WD.
Okay, thank you. I mostly was interested in it because it looks like my fathers' real truck.

Okay, thank you. I mostly was interested in it because it looks like my fathers' real truck.
It is a decent platform to start with. As you said it can be upgraded to brushless eventually. I'd suggest the MEGA version as it has everything needed for the brushless swap such as diffs, input gears etc.

if you plan on any up grades as in electronics you are stuck replacing every piece except battery. new radio .new esc .new motor .new servo

You could get the body, and source a used 2WD monster truck on eBay, like an ECX Amp MT, and you would have a truck you can upgrade and will handle upgrades a bit better, and have the look you want. The Granite Voltage body will fit on the ECX Amp, and, will also fit pretty much any 1/10 monster truck. The only thing you might have to do is drill new holes for the body mounts.

You could get the body, and source a used 2WD monster truck on eBay, like an ECX Amp MT, and you would have a truck you can upgrade and will handle upgrades a bit better, and have the look you want. The Granite Voltage body will fit on the ECX Amp, and, will also fit pretty much any 1/10 monster truck. The only thing you might have to do is drill new holes for the body mounts.
I might do that.

I might do that.
If you want a 4WD with that look, the body will fit on any 1/10TH 4WD monster truck, as long as the overall length is 16 to 17 inches (Arrma Granite 4X4 size), but, it wont fit on the longer trucks, like the ECX Ruckus. The trick to figuring out what body will work on what vehicle is to check the specs. Look specifically for length and wheelbase. Most companies list at least that much. As long as the wheelbase and length are close, you can easily make almost any body fit on another chassis. The Granite 4X4/Granite Voltage have a roughly 16.5" length, and a just over 11" wheelbase, so, any truck with those specs that body will fit on.

Back