Arrma Granite BLX, Vorteks, Outcast...which one to buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor916

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to get my first RC. I have narrowed it down to the Arrma brushless basher trucks, but which one should I buy? I'm willing to spend a little more or little less, fairly flexible. Any current deals out there?

Welcome to RCT. We'll what lipo you going to run 4, 6 , 8s. Or what are you looking to run. Alot of questions to ask beside what truck. Do you have a xharger, lipos,. Are you looking for a ready to run. RTR. Where are you going to run it? Sorry to be honest I would go kraton. But what are your plans besides a truck

I have nothing at the moment. Will be buying everything. Will mostly use it on our front yard/street and nearby park. Just bought my kids the Arrma Granite Voltage for a 4 and 6 year old and the wife has a typhoon brushed(I want a better one for myself lol, hasn’t been delivered yet)

I’m a total newb so hoping to learn from you guys and from my local hobby store.

Last edited:
The entire Arrma line seems to be good trucks. We have a Kraton 6s BLX and a Granite V3 3s BLX. The Granite goes through rear axles like candy, but part of that is due to running on grass, and driving it like a stolen Corvette.

If you got the funds, I would definitely go Kraton. If you are going 3s, I would say Vorteks.

Looking to get my first RC. I have narrowed it down to the Arrma brushless basher trucks, but which one should I buy? I'm willing to spend a little more or little less, fairly flexible. Any current deals out there?
Vorteks. It’s best for any surface since it’s your first Rc!

If I was in the same position I would lean towards the Vortex. But that is me. It kind of depends on the kind of driving you want to do. Pick the model that's best suited to your driving style and the terrain available to use it on.

If I were you I would probably buy a exb Arma 8th scale roller and build your own come out cheaper that way

Thanks to all of you. I checked out the Granite, Big Rock and Vorteks side by side. I liked the looks of the Granite the best and likes the wheel size compared to the other 2 so decided to go with that one. Honestly, any of the 3 would be just fine. I went with the Spektrum G2 Powerstage battery and charger bundle. It was recommended by the guy helping me out and it seemed legit even if I was paying a little more than I should. Is the battery kit I bought ok? I’m a total newb to all of this.

Attachments

• 4A4CDE54-C3A1-4059-911D-81738ADF000F.jpeg
    4A4CDE54-C3A1-4059-911D-81738ADF000F.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 58
I am not a fan of the Traxxas or Spektrum smart chargers, but I have seen others here post about the Spektrum one saying they like the ease of use. I think they were created for people just getting into the hobby, because with regular chargers, you need to learn a lot about caring for your LiPo's, and how to use a standard hobby grade charger.

That being said, the plug and play stuff is good for beginners, but also bad, because people aren't forced to go learn about proper LiPo care. You need to monitor your resistance levels of your batteries, because over time, the resistance may climb and create a bad situation while charging or using your LiPo.

So it would be wise to read up on the subject regardless. Watch some vids, and ask questions after you gain a bit of understanding about LiPo care and safety.

this thing rips and is a ton of fun. My 4 and 6 year olds have the Arrma Voltage and I just got my wife the Arrma Typhon Mega. It's now a family affair. Running on the front yard/street can be rough on these cars especially when we are all new. Just bruises so far lol.

I have a Granite 3s BLX. I bought it because the Black Rock wasn’t available. My understanding is that the Black Rick is the best basher, but you can’t go wrong with any of the 3s line. Keep in mind that you will have to replace the steering servo and likely the motor mount.

Thanks to all of you. I checked out the Granite, Big Rock and Vorteks side by side. I liked the looks of the Granite the best and likes the wheel size compared to the other 2 so decided to go with that one. Honestly, any of the 3 would be just fine. I went with the Spektrum G2 Powerstage battery and charger bundle. It was recommended by the guy helping me out and it seemed legit even if I was paying a little more than I should. Is the battery kit I bought ok? I’m a total newb to all of this.
Granite is my favorite, this thing will run with the best. And it's built to blast and Bash. Nomore issues with axles. With locked slipper, running 57-18 with spectrum 150amp, 1900kv spectrum motor. Beast on 6s. Temps around 140 full pack..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-144548_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-144548_Gallery.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 122
Hers what I did to mine lol. Badass this thing kills it, running 57-20 gears, 6s way to much power. Run 4s, converted rear-end to dogbones, 6s hubs. Locked slipper. I use this more than my 1/8 Kraton and it's built. Fun lil truck..

Hers what I did to mine lol. Badass this thing kills it, running 57-20 gears, 6s way to much power. Run 4s, converted rear-end to dogbones, 6s hubs. Locked slipper. I use this more than my 1/8 Kraton and it's built. Fun lil truck..

Welcome to RCT. We'll what lipo you going to run 4, 6 , 8s. Or what are you looking to run. Alot of questions to ask beside what truck. Do you have a xharger, lipos,. Are you looking for a ready to run. RTR. Where are you going to run it? Sorry to be honest I would go kraton. But what are your plans besides a truck
All the way kraton. Buy roller and build your own cheaper that way, cause u r definitely going to do it anyway. Here is my granite which is a kraton 6s basically

All the way kraton. Buy roller and build your own cheaper that way, cause u r definitely going to do it anyway. Here is my granite which is a kraton 6s basically
Hers my 8s kraton

Attachments

• 16429658567801059791113331094161.jpg
    16429658567801059791113331094161.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 16429661822667336920065448735051.jpg
    16429661822667336920065448735051.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 50

Hers my 8s kraton

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-150514_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-150514_Gallery.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220123-150432_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-150432_Gallery.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 60
Back