Arrma 3s metal cvds

• Thread starter Stewart.R.C.Concepts
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart.R.C.Concepts

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I can't believe I don't know what these are for but can someone please tell me what the (8) orange Orings are for or where do they go when upgrading to all metal cvds

20240209_205426.jpg

O rings for driveshafts? Never seen that before. I used those in my shocks before but never driveshafts. Maybe someone else can chime in?
Did you see the picture it came in the bag with new wheel nuts a tool to apply them and the cvds

O rings for driveshafts? Never seen that before. I used those in my shocks before but never driveshafts. Maybe someone else can chime in?
I think I figured it out they go on the axles to dampen the slider slamming into it

So I can't believe I don't know what these are for but can someone please tell me what the (8) orange Orings are for or where do they go when upgrading to all metal cvds

View attachment 181184
The rubber o-rings go inside the diff cups to take up play in the dogbone. It helps keep them from being ejected as well. Just make sure that your suspension travels smoothly after installing one into the cup. Usually just one o-ring is needed. I always use mine in the drive cups on the transmission.

The rubber o-rings go inside the diff cups to take up play in the dogbone. It helps keep them from being ejected as well. Just make sure that your suspension travels smoothly after installing one into the cup. Usually just one o-ring is needed. I always use mine in the drive cups on the transmission.
Thak you I had just figured that out I was looking at the axles and saw a little slot on each end of the axle then it hit me. They are designed to take slack out. But thank you for your help otherwise I would've been lost. I haven't installed the axles yet either.

Thak you I had just figured that out I was looking at the axles and saw a little slot on each end of the axle then it hit me. They are designed to take slack out. But thank you for your help otherwise I would've been lost. I haven't installed the axles yet either.
No problem. When you install them, it's s good idea to pop one end of the shock loose so you can more easily feel any resistance the o-ring might be adding. If you feel any, take the o-ring out.

Hpi uses them to cushion the dog bones and cvds in the metal drive cups. Think of it as foam peanuts in a package. All of my Nitro Rs4s have them installed. I think my cen f450 does too.

Ahh I see now
I might try that with the mini b and buggy. See if it helps
Just do a compression test to check for binding. I adapted my ofna 1/8 ultra bones to my 2wd stampede. Was great for the first week. Some jumps and cartwheels lefts them curved.

Back