Armma granite 550

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicko

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Was just wondering if anyone here is from cardiff in wales? I'm struggling to find a good place to take my rc where i can proper open it up and see how well it does. Any suggestions is truly welcome thank you

Chris

I find it sad that you guys over there struggle so much to find a place to run your RC's. Try Google maps and see if that locates an open area for you.

Looking at Google Earth, I found this.
Looks like Southeast Cardiff.

IMG_0503.JPG

The top speed on that kit is only 30mph / 48km/h. I find it hard to imagine you can't find a couple hundred feet of road/grass somewhere to run it WOT 🤷‍♂️
WFs idea of using Google Maps is the best thing I can think of.

Looks like a killer park.
However, the pic I posted would be mobetta for Lipo.... :p

Welcome you and your Granite to the forum, Chis.

Using Google Earth, Cardiff looks like a densely populated area. Did find an area immediately SW of Newton that looks promising. Is that doable? Cheers, and again, welcome. 'AC'

Welcome in chris. I guess its looking like we may be taking a trip across the pond shortly. 😂🤣😁

Last edited:
Oh ok. Wasn't sure what it was but certainly looks like fun.:)

That looks perfect ill look on google maps now 👍

I just found that and its a working quarry. So either ill get run over or the police will be chasing me from there 😂..worth a drive up to see it i guess 🤷‍♂️😂
Let us know what you figure out. Maybe if you go to their office and ask for permission? But if they are anything like here, that never ends with a permission to play slip.

This song always came to mind when I used to scout places to run

Hi everyone.
Was just wondering if anyone here is from cardiff in wales? I'm struggling to find a good place to take my rc where i can proper open it up and see how well it does. Any suggestions is truly welcome thank you

Chris
Hi Chris,
How are you liking the Arrma 550? Is it the BOOST 4x2? What did you select for battery power?

Long I've wanted a 2WD MT to add to the stable and completely overlooked this one until you posted here. I like the features it offers. That and Arrma's have a double-tough basher rep.

Cheers. 'AC'

The arrma is my first rc and i love it..its the arrma granite v3 550 mega. I bought a few lipo batterys off amazon. I new to the rc world so I'm trying to learn as i go along

Back