Are you a basher or racer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Are you primarily a basher, racer or collector?

• Basher

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Racer

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Collector

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bside

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm sure it's been asked before but I often ask myself how many bashers there are out there compared to racers?

I guess there could be "collectors" out there who seldom even run their rigs too...

What's your pleasure?

I fit all 3, but voted the most that I do. Nice idea! :thumbup1:

I'm deffinalty a basher. Find myself breaking my trucks from a jump or rollover more than anything lol

All of the above.

I have rigs I collect. I have other rigs I bash. I have other rigs I race when I can.

I started as a basher years ago, but now I am a full racer. 4x4 Mod short course + 1/8 E buggy.

I dont race an official track but I have a track that I race on, so I consider my self a racer.

Basher all the way. Slash is the best bashing truck I have ever owned. Over 2+ years going strong with no stock broken parts.

I only race.
Rebuild or refill shocks every race day.
Total tare down every race day as well.

I definitely do a bit of everything but racing is what keeps me going...

Thanks for your replies everyone! :D

I race SCT's & bajas, and like to collect rc10's:thumbup1:

I'm a basher but if I could find a track running electric I would race.

As most of people I started by bashing, but faster I'd prefer to race!
I like bashing but there's always more risks to have a failure ( tree, friend, beer accross the way you go ;) )

I am all 3 but voted for basher. That is how I started and will never give it up. I raced years ago and have recently gotten back into it. And I collect more rigs than I care to count. I think it close to or over 50 now.lol Guilty of being an RC addict.lol

I am all 3 but voted for basher. That is how I started and will never give it up. I raced years ago and have recently gotten back into it. And I collect more rigs than I care to count. I think it close to or over 50 now.lol Guilty of being an RC addict.lol

That's impressive... My gf thinks I'm crazy with 5 :p Though I only got back into it in Feb of this year

Keep explaining that there will be many more to come...

I'm a little of both. Started has a full time basher, moved into racing. After I modified my Revo for racing, I decided I needed something to play with and picked up a Savage X I beat the snot out of. After watching the 4x4 Slash classes at the tracks I have been going to, I recently a Slash Ultimate to the stable. It will be a dual purpose rig since it has proven to very durable.

I'm a racer, but when I'm not racing, I'm CAREFULLY bashing....i count myself as a racer tho

Definitely a racer, I only practice and race at our local track, my AKA wishbones wouldnt stand up to bashing for very long.
My son is mostly a basher right now, but he is going to race next summer.

I do a complete tear down and rebuild at the end of a race season, unless something breaks before the end of a season.

basher all the way like tooo see what it can do then fix it and make it better