Anyone using the Spektrum DXS with a Helicopter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I bought a DXS to try and use with my Nano S2 BNF helicopter, but it doesn't seem to be compatible, I can get the thing to take off, but it is all messed up and the settings aren't correct.

I really shouldn't have bought this radio, but I seemed a decent option without having to buy a computer radio, which I have now done.

If anyone has had success with this radio, please let me know I'd love to hear about it.

they will not bind as they both use a different frequency type 1 dsmr(radio). and rx on chop is dsmx thats a no go both have to be dsmx..

they will not bind as they both use a different frequency type 1 dsmr(radio). and rx on chop is dsmx thats a no go both have to be dsmx..
Hi, the specs of the DXS say that it's a DSMX transmitter, and the Nano S2 is also listed as DSMX. The radio binds and it did fly, but after a software update, the pitch was set so far backwards that I couldn't fly it any more, even with the trim set forward it wasn't enough to counter the pre configured settings.

I've given up on the radio, I just hoped to be able to get it going for my nephew.

Thanks for your help.

there has to be either a work around or do a factory reset of radio and do a reload of software,,, not sure what control you helis pitch but is there any way to adjust that?.

there has to be either a work around or do a factory reset of radio and do a reload of software,,, not sure what control you helis pitch but is there any way to adjust that?.
You can reverse channels, through the radio programming, but there is no display, or way of assigning switches to a channel. I'll read up on what you've sent thanks again mate.

heres were i got the info from... whatever channel controls your pitch reverse it that might help.. the info says they both use different freqs.
DXS Transmitter Only (SPMR1010): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology (spektrumrc.com)
Blade Nano S RTF, from Blade, blh-01300 - Chief Aircraft Inc.
contact spectrum either by calling or Email
Sorry my description of pitch was confusing, the radio forces the swash plate hard back so the Helo flies backwards all the time, even with trim set full forward it still flies back. I've contacted spektrum support but haven't had a response. I live in Australia and the local distributor tried to help me, but in the end they said it isn't listed as a supported radio for the Nano S2, but, they also said it should just work. In just annoyed I spent the money on it, I could have bought a higher spec radio if I'd not put that money into the DXS. So far I'm really happy with the NX6 though.

set all trims to O rebind radio and rx again. make sure trim is in reverse not normal..has that done anything.. you might need to call Horizon up. have them trouble shoot ur issues..

Horizon Service Center (Repairs and Repair Requests) servicecenter.horizonhobby. com/RequestForm/ 2904 Research Rd Champaign, Illinois 61822 USA Horizon Product Support (Product Technical Assistance) productsupport@ horizonhobby.com 877-504-0233 Sales websales@horizonhobby. com 800-338-4639 EU Horizon Technischer Service [email protected] Hanskampring 9 D 22885 Barsbüttel, Germany Sales: Horizon Hobby GmbH +49 (0) 4121 2655 100

read last post.. Like I said that radio will not work.. id see about getting the correct rx for that radio.if electronics can plug into new rx for that radio.....

reverse elevator from Norm to reverse and set trim to O

read last post.. Like I said that radio will not work.. id see about getting the correct rx for that radio.if electronics can plug into new rx for that radio.....
Cheers man, I'll see what I come up with. Thanks for your time.

Back