anyone used scanner rc servos??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am in the market for a new steering servo for my revo as the el cheapo solar servo took a crap on me this morning, overall I was happy with the solar just not happy about it only lasting 15 tanks.
I usually run savox in most of my rigs for steering but I want to see what else is out there which leads me to this question has anyone used a scanner rc servo, the specs on them seem good for what I want but the price is quite a bit higher than your usual Chinese servo, $53 shipped titanium gears coreless around 250 oz of torque and transit of .14.
I am also looking at a protek servo since I buy a fair bit of gear from amain but I would assume they are a better servo, thoughts??

I've not to much feedback about them but what little I've heard has been more negative than good.

I've always used Hitec or Savox myself.

No way I'm paying $53 for a knock off servo. For the price of the original $15 servo and that one combined, you can pretty much buy a good servo once and be done with it. I'm with WoodiE, if I'm buying servos on my dime, it's Savox or Hitec. What kind of rig is this going into?

that's exactly what I was thinking I think I want to try the protek one this time round the specs look right for me plus I have a bit of piece of mind knowing amain aint Chinese.

that's exactly what I was thinking I think I want to try the protek one this time round the specs look right for me plus I have a bit of piece of mind knowing amain aint Chinese.

Uh, most of the stuff they sell is likely made in China (and I'll bet those Proteks are), no different than most of our RC toys. If not, that $600 Revo would be $1200 or more, depending of course on where the majority of it was produced. Buy a Savox for just a few bucks more, and stick with a known brand if you're going to drop that kind of money, or just buy another $12 dollar servo. Just my $.02 :)

That will most likely be what I will end up getting now, did a bit of a search and couldnt find too much info on the protek servos so I think ill stick with savox for now
If I had an easier way of getting the solar servos shipped to me I would grab a couple more of them and hope for the best I guess

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Haha I just reread your post , what I meant is that amain are based in the states and have good customer service whereas the chinese based dont care once they have your coin

Back