anyone used an rdlogics failsafe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SublimeRevo

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello all. Just to start off I understand I need a throttle return spring. I am curious if anyone has used the Rdlogics failsafe. From what I understand rdlogics genrally makes a quality product. I would like to get a failsafe that has a built in temp monitor. From what I understand the venom model failsafe that has these options is a piece of crap. I am just trying to make sure I am getting a quality product before I waste hard earned money. I know the revo is suppose to have a built in failsafe but I don't trust it. Thanks for any help.

Not sure about the RD one but I can tell you for sure that the Venom is a waste of time and money.

hello all. Just to start off I understand I need a throttle return spring. I am curious if anyone has used the Rdlogics failsafe. From what I understand rdlogics genrally makes a quality product. I would like to get a failsafe that has a built in temp monitor. From what I understand the venom model failsafe that has these options is a piece of crap. I am just trying to make sure I am getting a quality product before I waste hard earned money. I know the revo is suppose to have a built in failsafe but I don't trust it. Thanks for any help.

What about the Dynamite??

The built in Optidrive failsafe works great, if you have it set right. If you make sure to set it after you adjust the trim or anything it'll do what any other failsafe does--cut the throttle and apply the brakes. The steering still works, though. If you don't trust it, you could try range testing it, or just cutting the TX and watch the throttle servo.

The optidrive module also lets you know when the batteries in the RX are low. It turns from green to red.

I have a failsafe, I'm not sure what brand it is, LHS gave it to me for free, since it was used. It's orange, works fine for me :D.

The built in Optidrive failsafe works great, if you have it set right. If you make sure to set it after you adjust the trim or anything it'll do what any other failsafe does--cut the throttle and apply the brakes. The steering still works, though. If you don't trust it, you could try range testing it, or just cutting the TX and watch the throttle servo.

The optidrive module also lets you know when the batteries in the RX are low. It turns from green to red.

The optidrive does not contain a failsafe.

:goodpost: I have to agree that the Opti-Drive is not a failsafe. I would have to agree that the Dynamite is probably the way to go unless you have a n advanced RX like one of the Spektrum.

The optidrive does not contain a failsafe.

Well it's not a great one but it's definitely a failsafe. If you turn off the TX with the RX on it'll apply the brakes automatically from full throttle. I guess it's one of the upgrades that Traxxas came out with recently. It works with aftermarket TX's and RX's, too.

I have used Dynamite and Ofna fail safes, both worked good IMO.

Thanks for the info guys I guess I am probaly going to get the dynamite failsafe. I saw some of thier other products I was interested in also, like the fuel filter. Thanks again.